TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2018, 12:02 PM   #1
Cynical

Default Setup/Leveling Question

What should one use as the definitive as to whether your rig is level or not? When I hauled my 5er, it was fairly easy as it was all 1 piece. With so many moving parts on the TM, I am not sure which is the best way to go about determining if I am "level". Currently, if I put a torpedo level on the tongue, it is level front-back and left-right. If I go inside (before stabilizing jacks) and put it on the sink counter, L-R is still decent, but it says I need to go up in the front. I can put the stabilizers down until just touching and get something totally different. and then the tongue is now not as level as it was.

Does someone have a leveling system or procedure that you do that works well? If the tongue readings are not the way to go, what should I use, the counter, floor, ???? Obviously, I need to stay with the tongue and/or the main box as the shells add their own level of difficulty to the whole thing. LOL. Thanks.

Kathi
Cynical is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, set up