TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2018, 04:59 PM   #1
KERVBIZ

Default Old Person Bought Old TrailManor - Questions

Hello everyone! I just bought a 1995 TrailManor 3023. I've read a lot of information, and done some work on the trailer, but still have some questions, I actually have the original documents on the Trailmanor, the frig, brakes etc.

Here is my questions.

1. I don't see a carbon/propane detector anywhere - is this supposed to wired into the system? If not, any recommendations on a good battery brand?

I replaced the battery, everything works EXCEPT, i don't have any lights on the little unit by the frig showing battery power, water level - i have lights and power when i turn on the frig fan and the bathroom fan.

I don't see the motherboard or any breakers anywhere.

One of my seats has a piece of plywood on hinges, under this is a thin piece of wood were the heater is at and the water storage - why is this plywood piece hinged and under the seat?

Has anyone purchased a lowes or home depot cabinets for over the sink and stove, if so what model #? I can't see spending 650.00 on one cabinet, so i ordered the brackets.
KERVBIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:52 AM   #2
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

the AC breakers and DC power board should be on the hall wall where the fridge is. You have to open the panel

the TM comes with a propane detector no carbon detector. I think it should be on your model a few inchs from the floor on the small bathroom wall next to the kitchen sink. The rv industry has been install the detectors long before 1995. If you don't have one there check and see if your have some holes there. The units go bad and beep and some one may have removed it.

The status board (battery power/water levels). I would check and see if you have 12V DC going to the test switch. Then I would push the switch and see if you have 12V DC on the other side of the switch. Problem might be no 12V DC or a bad switch.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:16 AM   #3
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper View Post
the AC breakers and DC power board should be on the hall wall where the fridge is. You have to open the panel

the TM comes with a propane detector no carbon detector. I think it should be on your model a few inchs from the floor on the small bathroom wall next to the kitchen sink. The rv industry has been install the detectors long before 1995. If you don't have one there check and see if your have some holes there. The units go bad and beep and some one may have removed it.

The status board (battery power/water levels). I would check and see if you have 12V DC going to the test switch. Then I would push the switch and see if you have 12V DC on the other side of the switch. Problem might be no 12V DC or a bad switch.
Good info from tent camper. I will add that if you do NOT find 12V at the status monitor, then also check to see if the radio and the TV antenna booster have power (if equipped with those) and are working. Not sure if the 95 model is the same, but the AC to DC converter on our 2003 has a separate 12V output for those lower power circuits. In other words, two separate 12V output sections, one for the low power items and another for the higher wattage things like the lights and other 12V appliances. So if none of those work, that could indicate a problem with the converter.

Also I discovered that having a bad battery connected (even with shore power connected) would cause the radio and monitor panel to not work. Unhook the battery and they should work with shore power if that is the problem, but you said you already put in a good battery.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #4
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

correction I said where the fridge is. I was think where the tub is, but old person typed fridge. So sorry, it should have been tub
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:01 PM   #5
MariaG

Ours is a wee bit older than yours, so no detectors, and our breakers are under the front of the couch, near the bed end. There is a sliding panel that hides the panel. The plywood is hinged so that you can pull the couch out to make a bed. There are two legs built into the front of the couch, they are flush against the fabric when a couch and look like trim. You have to rearrange some cushions but it's pretty comfy.
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:05 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERVBIZ View Post

I replaced the battery, everything works EXCEPT, i don't have any lights on the little unit by the frig showing battery power, water level - i have lights and power when i turn on the frig fan and the bathroom fan.
So when you push the rocker switches on, nothing shows up for water level and battery power? We have a 1997 and had to buy a replacement unit, it gave out after about 12 years of ownership (we bought it used in 2003). I bought one off of someone on the board...the factory probably has new ones you could order..
Old 12-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #7
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

The water level in the grey tank has never worked right in ours, and many others' TM's, I don't rely on it anymore (even with the new unit). Apparently the sensors get clogged up with residue in the grey tank. As far as the fresh water tank goes, just lift up the seat over where the tank is and look at it.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:03 AM   #8
Shane826
TrailManor Master

^ As for the sensors getting gunked up, I pour dish soap down each drain and then fill the tank 2/3-ish with hot water then take a drive to the local dump station. The sloshing and extra soapy water seems to keep everything clean. Not sure if this will help to debunk, but it seems to work as a preventative maintenance. I clean the SeaLand toilet tank the same way...
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote