TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Default Columbia icefields

We're planning a trip to the Columbia Icefields.

Most campsites have not hookups whatsoever in Jasper National Park (where the Columbia Icefields are). So far we're planning:

Revelstoke KOA
Restreak Campground near Radium Hotsprings
Overnight stay at Columbia Icefield Discovery Centre (no hookups!)

Return along same path.

I'd like to find one more stop between Vancouver and Revelstoke, perhaps very near Kamloops. There seem to be very few nice campgrounds near Kamloops, especially those that have hookups.

I'm not against dry camping, but I am still trying to sell the idea of trailering to my wife. Also, I don't want to find out how many days our toilet can go without emptying, or the freshwater supply, by trial and error with a family! I realize that many dry camping sites do have sanidumps, but it would be a real pain to pack up the trailer and tow it to a sanidump every couple of days. I know I could get a portable blackwater tote, but I'm not too fond of that idea just yet.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

Kamloops RV Park & Storage 9225 Dallas Drive, Kamloops B.C. V2C 6V1
www.kamloopsrvpark.ca Office: 250-573-3789 Fax: 250-573-4361

This is the RV camp ground that we overnight at on our way to Vancouver Island. Have done so for 11 years. Not he best but has toilets, full hookup and warm showers. We overnight there both coming and going to the Island. Not expensive. It is located heading west on Highway 1 just east of Kamloops.
Hope this will help you.

Hans

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:57 PM   #3
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Thanks Hans,

Do you have to reserve, or can you usually get a spot drop in?

I thought about the return trip and realized that I'd be missing a lot unless I continued up to Jasper and west to Mount Robson, then go south. I'll see if I stay in the KOA on the way down, then maybe in Kamloops before making the final trip back to town.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:11 AM   #4
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

Yes Larry, it is better to reserve as there are a lot of big rigs there that seem to camp there all summer. I always do anyway but no deposit required, they only want you to cancel some days ahead if you do not want to be charged for a day fee.

Hans

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote