TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2003, 05:56 PM   #1
jgilliam1955

Default Our first Camping trip

;DJust wanted to tell you about our camping trip last weekend. It was like you said, It was very relaxing & fun. It was just Nancy, 2 dogs and yours truly.
We brought along the dog cages for 3 reasons.
1. Dogs don't travel well in the car so we put them in the cage.
2. Put the cages on the extra bed & the dogs sleep in there.
3. In case I make Nancy mad at me, I'll be sleeping in the cage.

We got to this wonderful campground. It was in the country in a valley
next to a large creek. It had a wonderful water fall. We pulled in and a
small crowd gathered to watch me put up the trailer. (Since it is the kind that folds up & down they wanted to see it.) I got out & pretended I didn't notice them. I walked back to the back & lifted & pulled to raise the trailer. I pulled my guts out before I realized I hadn't unlatch the hooks yet. (crowds make me nervous. Nancy pointing at the hooks and saying"shouldn't these be unhooked? Didn't help either.) After I finally got the trailer set up, (The crowd had left after seeing I didn't know what I was doing.) I hooked up the electricity but did not notice the water I was standing in. Nancy asked through the window what that thump was? I told her" nothing" as I picked myself back up. (But the plug stayed plugged in so we had lights) I hooked up the water ok, even though my hands were still
shaking. Once inside I setup the walls. Made sure everything worked.
Nancy asked me "Why is your hair standing up & your shoes are smoking?" I just mumbled a reply.
Later on after walking the creek, sitting by the waterfall, Nancy was able to hold my hand without getting a static shock. We ended up having a nice cool night walk around the camp ground. Then we retired into the camper for the night.
Then we did what all married couples do on a camping trip.
Just Nancy & Big Daddy &, no kids. We just stared in each others eyes and asked "What do we do now?" So we broke out a movie & made out like teenagers. When we went to sleep I was to tired to cut on the heat. Big mistake. About 2:30 AM Nancy yells over at the dog cage, "Hey dumb ***! Turn on the damn heat! I'm freezing my womanhood off!" I think she said this. It could of been "Dear I'm a little chilly. Could you find your way over to the thermostat and turn it on please." ( I'm sure it was something in between.)
Now the next day as I packed to leave I forgot my list on how to put the
trailer down. So it only took 3 times to close, open, fix problem, and
close the camper before it was good enough to travel. Of course I didn't do a walk around, So Nancy's panties hanging out the window the whole trip back kinda of upset Nancy, but I thought the guys ( and 3 girls) driving by & waving, smiling, yelling for a phone number was kind of cute.
So it was a very nice trip. We are going away again Thursday night until
Sat. We will be staying in near Thomas Jefferson's home.
Our daughter will be watching the dogs this time so I'll have the cages to myself.
Just another TM owner,
Jack ;D

Old 10-21-2003, 06:07 PM   #2
mamabear

Default Re:Our first Camping trip

Jack,

What a great camping story. Your tale had my husband and me laughing all the way to the end. Better luck your next trip. Remember watch where you are stepping.

mamabear
Old 10-21-2003, 07:18 PM   #3
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Jack,

I just read your camping story. I never laughed so hard in my life. I wish that I could have been there to see the comedy show as it took place. Each trip will get a little easier, and I am sure you will learn from your mistakes!!!!
WATCH THOSE PUDDLES!!!

BoB Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:58 PM   #4
Windbreaker

Loved it!!! Read it to DW. After picking herself up from rolling on the floor she said, "See, you're not the only one." Thanks for saving at least some of my face.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:14 PM   #5
efelker

Jack:

Sounds like your wife graduated from the same wife school my wife went to. I notice that she also has my wife's technique. I call it the "I'm not seeking information question."... like when she asked if the hooks should be hooked, or what was the thump, or why were your shoes smoking. Do you really think she was looking for information, or were they just another way of saying "Hey dumb as*." I have the scars, so I know.

Great story by the way, and you're better than most of us when we were newbies. It only took three closures to get it closed.

Oh well, if it were easy, they wouldn't call it life.

Ed
Old 10-22-2003, 04:24 PM   #6
Happytrails

Lol! Great story Jack! And YUP, you're perfectly normal.

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]