TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
TrailGuy77

Smile Removing Small Dents From TM Body & Roof

Well,after lots of research on this forum and a little experimentation of my own,I have come to conclude that small dents in the TM skin can be IMPROVED with the RIGHT tool to look better than BEFORE!

I tried two different tools,a suction cup and a Motor UP "Pops-a-Dent" Puller.The suction cup did not work but the puller did.Here's what I used to experiment on.I found the 7"x9" sample piece of aluminum with polystyrene sandwiched inbetween that was given to me when I bought my trailer.I put my knee in the center and pushed down with all my weight to form a "SHALLOW" knee impression.I then tried to pop it out with a 4" suction cup with a little water to form a tighter seal,NO LUCK AT ALL.

I then tried my Motor Up "Pops-a-Dent" puller.First,I put a glue stick in the electric glue gun chamber and plugged it in to let it heat up for five minutes.Second,I selected the correct size glue pad and stem to match the dent.Third,I liberaly applied the glue to the bottom of the glue pad,pushed it on directly over the dent and let it set for 8 minutes per instructions.Finally,I put the pulling bridge and knob on the stem and tightened the knob until the glue pad and stem popped off and WHAALAAH.The dent was ATLEAST 75% REMOVED.I can not feel it anymore.The only way you can see where it used to be is if you look across the panel at an angle in the right amount of lighting.

I am very pleased with the results and plan on using it on my TM roof.I would think that since it greatly improved a knee impression it would definately improve slight hail dimples too or any dent that has not CREASED OR STRETCHED the aluminum significantly.

Anyway,I just wanted to share my experience with this tool and recommend it to anyone interested in improving the appearance of their dents.Take your time and follow the instructions and you should be pleased with the results.