TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-05-2015, 07:14 PM   #41
shebantam

Thanks, I think. We are going to do this out camping next week where I am going to have help. The Toilet is still in the camper and the Curve is on it's way. We were hoping to cut the wood here and just carry it...BUT I can get a half piece at Lowes and have then cut it to size, there is a Lowes in LaVale MD, not far from the campground. I may have hubbycut a 5/8 piece we have here right now and if it does not fit, we got extra firewood.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
1999 Sunnybrook 26FK with WDH with sway
all pulled by a 1999 F150
shebantam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:23 PM   #42
OregonTrail
Site Sponsor

Having your wood cut in advance would be a good thing. After we got the base cut to shape and the hole cut, we put several coats of spray enamel on it over the course of a few days to make sure the base would be protected from any water that winds up on the floor.

It was not a hard job, but we did the work at home. I'm not sure how you'll do this while camping. Don't forget to take printed out instructions with you, including Bill's posts on how to remove the existing toilet.

But best of luck on your project! We are very happy with our Curve. It suits our style of camping very well.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:15 AM   #43
shebantam

Printing them out, have copied and pasted both into one word document to take with me. I am laying new vinyl planking in the bathroom once toilet is out and the floor is cleaned and dry, so I think I will be OK. Thank you.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
Old 10-10-2015, 08:26 AM   #44
shebantam

Oh my golly gee whiz..this is one short toilet. thankfully I retrieved the handicapped seat riser from the Bantam before I sold it...fits better on the Curve than on the RV flush toilet.

Can't wait to get that sticky leaky old (circa 1994) recircualting toilet out...Magna cart is in the back storage area. if needed. Was used to emptying a leaf and lawn bag daily, so a daily or every other day dump is no big issue, so it is not as heavy.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
Old 10-13-2015, 01:23 PM   #45
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebantam View Post
Oh my golly gee whiz..this is one short toilet. thankfully I retrieved the handicapped seat riser from the Bantam before I sold it...fits better on the Curve than on the RV flush toilet.
I noted that, too, but once mine was installed on the riser/platform, it was the same height as the Electramagic, or even slightly higher. More comfortable, for sure, and I don't feel like I'm cracking the top every time I sit.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #46
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

+1 on the riser platform, wish I'd made mine a wee bit taller even. (Pun intended)

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:58 AM   #47
shebantam

It's in and forgot to get the small bird to sacrifice. My friends thought I had lost it when I was upset about not getting the bird.

Was not as short on the riser, thank goodness, can take to toilet seat riser back home.

Broke 2 drill bits and bumbed the heads of multiple screws, I know me and had PLENTY of both. Ended up screwing them in by hand. Almost. My friend came over the next morning and finished screwing them in with her drill, she stood over it. I cannot, my back won't let me. It is in and working great. The old toilet is in the compacting dumpster in the campground...thought about keeping it and asked myself why? It needs all new seals and the stink....yuck.
Hubby found 3/4 ply, he cut the rectangle at home, Tracy and I used the jigsaw cut around the flange and the hold down plate. She messed up the circle and she cut a chunk out of the waste wood and screwed that in so the hold down plate had all 4 screws. Believe me, the jigsaw and my wrists would not have cut any better. Danged arthritis messes up so much...the bathroom does not stink any more. That is wonderful!!!
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
Old 10-14-2015, 07:43 AM   #48
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Paula, congrats on your successful install.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote