TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-11-2016, 02:40 PM   #1
fairweatherfisherman
Site Sponsor

Default Holiday Campground West Point Lake Georgia

We got our 2007 2619 last week. Two weeks ago didn't even know there was such a thing as a Trailmanor, but as soon as we saw them and the the Youtube vidios, we were sold. We live in the Atlanta metro and like to fish and camp in Georiga, Tennessee, and Florida.

Our first trip was at a "Holiday" Corps of Engineers campground on West Point lake, on the Alabama Georgia border just north of where I-85 crosses. Not only was this our first trip in a TM, but also our first night ever in a camper. Many years of tent camping, especially when the kids were young, but to get back into camping at our age (late 50s early 60s) we figured we had to have air conditioning.

We had a wonderful time, with all of the equipment working just as the prior owners had indicated. Our main TV is a 2004 Sierra Denali with a 2003 Chevy Silverado as our backup. Still probably 75% clueless, but we are starting to get things figured out. We greatly appreciate all of the information available here on the site and want to thank those who took the time and effort to share what they've learned. When we first discovered TM, week before last, I figured I'd just go down to the local dealer and buy a new one. I would still like to get a new one if they can get the bugs worked out at the factory, but for now we are thrilled with our 2007.

Marie in driveway at home the night we brought it home

Mike at our campsite

Tom Turkey at the campground - blurry but pretty amazed to see the full tail feather display - he was with two hens

fairweatherfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:47 PM   #2
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up Aaahmen

... on the air conditioning! But having a full kitchen and a shower is pretty awesome to boot. Now you just need the swap out that Thetford toilet for a real flush toilet like the Dometic Sealand 711M28C from Scamp Trailers. I did and it was worth every penny spent. I tell all the folks that are new to the TM family ...."that if you were going to do just one modification to your Trailmanor, it would be to swap out that Thetford for the Sealand!!!"
She can thank me later....
you can see mine at http://www.trickmytrailmano.com under "Toilet Swap" on the menu....
One more thing...Welcome and a big HOWDY from me...glad you're aboard!
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:45 PM   #3
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Congratulations!

Make sure to sign up for a full membership on the forum. Best money ever spent. Just $12 a year. Time flies so you might want to sign up for three years at a time. Otherwise some day you might wonder why you don't have full access and only later realize that your year was already up.

Like I said worth every penny for the knowledge and ideas you get.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:47 PM   #4
fairweatherfisherman
Site Sponsor

Thanks. We did sign up for the 3 year membership.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:10 PM   #5
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Nice pics! Enjoy the New to you Trailmanor!!

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:51 PM   #6
ChefLamont

Very nice! Glad you are having a good time. I have tent camped on West Point in weather that definitely would have been better with AC. Beautiful lake though.

If you dont mind my asking where in the metro area are you and where did you find the TM? I am in Brookhaven. I am not ready to buy yet, but I am getting closer every day. I have seen very few TMs within a reasonable driving distance of ATL.

Cheers!
-Steve
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." Robert Wilensky
ChefLamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #7
fairweatherfisherman
Site Sponsor

We are in Smyrna. We got the TM from a couple that lived just to the west of Macon in a little town called Roberta. It was in the Macon Craigslist. We were surprised by how much demand there was for the used TMs. It was a 2 bed model, which was what we wanted. I finished installing the brake controller and we rolled down there ready to buy and return home with it.