TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2018, 12:03 PM   #1
Luau Larry

Default Trailmanor Owner in Phoenix Area?

Hello,

I'm thinking very seriously about buying a used Trailmanor, even having to go out of state to pick one up. That being said, I'd love to get a better look at one here in Phoenix to save me some trouble and just get better acclimated.

Are there any Phoenix area owners on here that would be willing to let me look at their Trailmanor, pop it up, just generally see how much I like it?

Thanks!
Josh
Luau Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
Sharon Jones
Site Sponsor

Default We just missed you

I wish you had posted a week earlier. My DH and I spent 6 weeks at an RV resort in Mesa. We left last weekend. Would have liked to show off our 2619!
Sharon Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:18 PM   #3
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Hey Laua Larry,
I am in Mesa, and we just got back from a camping trip and we are going to open it back up and give it a bath and cleaning.. You are welcome to come see ours. We are in East Mesa. PM me if you want to see it

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:23 AM   #4
Luau Larry

Default Pm

Thanks Craig, I sent you a private message!
Old 03-23-2018, 05:10 AM   #5
Luau Larry

Bummer! I would've loved seeing it!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #6
Luau Larry

Default Tomorrow

Anybody happen to be available as soon as tomorrow for me to get a look at your Trailmanor? I know it's a long shot but that's when I have the ability to go to somebody to do it and I'm actively talking with someone out of state about one I'm interested in buying but really need to get a look/feel before committing to drive elsewhere.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 03-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #7
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luau Larry View Post
Anybody happen to be available as soon as tomorrow for me to get a look at your Trailmanor? I know it's a long shot but that's when I have the ability to go to somebody to do it and I'm actively talking with someone out of state about one I'm interested in buying but really need to get a look/feel before committing to drive elsewhere.

Thanks,
Josh
Josh,

What year is the one you're looking at?

I drove 6 hours to look at one not ever seeing one in person. I went with the knowledge I could fix just about anything on it, but also with the knowledge that the TM was the only trailer being manufactured that would suit the needs of my entire family. If a TM didn't work out, we wouldn't have any trailer.

If it's near the 2000 year range, check for wood vs metal framing. Check for hail damage or any sort of structural roof damage. There should be a crown to the roof that you can check on the inside.

Rotten wood framing is fixable, but very labour intensive. A collapsed roof is questionable. Several on this board have at least partially restored a collapsed roof, but time will tell if the fix is "permanent".

If the shells don't lift easily (should be pretty easy if in the original shape), it may need adjustment or new torsion bars. In my case, I will need new torsion bars for the front because the adjustment is maxed out.

I'm only writing this to let you know I had the confidence to buy one nearly sight unseen (I did see it when I went, but I told my wife we would not come back empty handed unless it was an unfixable mess). If you are able to see someone's in your area, all the better, but I am a happy camper with mine! (And my wife is accepting of the camper, but her version of camping as a girl was in motels and hotels!)_

Good luck!

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #8
Luau Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
Josh,

What year is the one you're looking at?

I drove 6 hours to look at one not ever seeing one in person. I went with the knowledge I could fix just about anything on it, but also with the knowledge that the TM was the only trailer being manufactured that would suit the needs of my entire family. If a TM didn't work out, we wouldn't have any trailer.

If it's near the 2000 year range, check for wood vs metal framing. Check for hail damage or any sort of structural roof damage. There should be a crown to the roof that you can check on the inside.

Rotten wood framing is fixable, but very labour intensive. A collapsed roof is questionable. Several on this board have at least partially restored a collapsed roof, but time will tell if the fix is "permanent".

If the shells don't lift easily (should be pretty easy if in the original shape), it may need adjustment or new torsion bars. In my case, I will need new torsion bars for the front because the adjustment is maxed out.

I'm only writing this to let you know I had the confidence to buy one nearly sight unseen (I did see it when I went, but I told my wife we would not come back empty handed unless it was an unfixable mess). If you are able to see someone's in your area, all the better, but I am a happy camper with mine! (And my wife is accepting of the camper, but her version of camping as a girl was in motels and hotels!)_

Good luck!
The one I'm interested in is a 2005 3023 model. And just like your scenario, for me to go physically see it, it's about 6 hours away. I actually know some people closer by to the one for sale that I may see about going to look at it in person before I do the 6-hour drive. If I do that, I'll absolutely pass on the info about your watch-outs. I really appreciate that.

I'm not personally handy enough to feel confident that I could fix almost anything myself. That's why I'm more nervous to buy sight-unseen. Plus, I have only seen a Trailmanor once in person, 2 years ago. I want a fresher look. And lastly, I feel like if there is any price negotiation, by the time I've driven to see the one for sale, I've lost some leverage.

This specific list of watch-outs will be incredibly handy. I'm excited to be joining this Trailmanor family one way or another. The concept is exactly what I'm looking for.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
Josh,

What year is the one you're looking at? ... If it's near the 2000 year range, check for wood vs metal framing. ... Good luck!
Larry -

At one time, you posted a photo of an easy way to make this check. Can you find the photo, and post a link? This is perhaps the most important item that Josh can check, and without your photo, it is hard to do.

As I recall, in model year 2002, some TMs had wood frames, and some had aluminuim frames. My 2002 2720SL had aluminum. So Josh, if the one you are considering is earlier than that, the check is important. If 2003 or later, you can probably skip it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #10
Luau Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Larry -

At one time, you posted a photo of an easy way to make this check. Can you find the photo, and post a link? This is perhaps the most important item that Josh can check, and without your photo, it is hard to do.

As I recall, in model year 2002, some TMs had wood frames, and some had aluminuim frames. My 2002 2720SL had aluminum. So Josh, if the one you are considering is earlier than that, the check is important. If 2003 or later, you can probably skip it.

Bill
The one I'm looking at is 2005 but I still wouldn't mind seeing what you're referring to, in case I end up shopping around more beyond the 2005 I'm most interested in.