TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Boondocking and Dry Camping
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #1
JohnBurrows

Default Honda EU2000i and carburetor adjustments

Has anyone heard of needing to adjust the carburetor on the EU2000i for high altitude use?

The manual states that the carb needs to be adjusted if the generator will be used at high altitudes, and that you should take the generator to an authorized Honda dealer to get it adjusted. What's more, the manual states that after you go from high altitude use to sea level use then you have to get the carb adjusted again!

Has anyone adjusted the carb themselves? I assume that it would not be hard to do, however I have not attempted it.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:57 PM   #2
Freedom

Check out this thread: http://www.casitaclub.com/forums/ind...=ST&f=2&t=2801 Big discussion on this subject. The consensus seems to be that if you're going to camp a lot above 5000 ft, change the jet. If only occasionally - don't worry about it.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
lnussbau

It's not really a carb adjustment -- it's a replacement of the carb jet. I just bought a Honda 2000, and the dealer discussed this with me. Since I live at 5200 feet, and it'll be rare I go camping under about 4900 feet -- most 7,000 and above -- he replaced the jet (while explaining every step to me) with one designed for use from 5000 up to 7500 (still occasionally usable to over 10K). I have the original jet, in case I need to use it at sea level sometime.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:47 PM   #4
PopBeavers

As I recall, there was a thread a year or so ago at rv.net regarding generators and carb. jets and the final conclusion was if the generator is jetted for low altitude and you try to run it at high altitude it will run poorly, but, if it is jetted for high altitude and you run it at low altitude you will severely damage the engine.

That may well be the longest sentence I have every written.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #5
KHerfurt

Default Honda 2000i

I have a Honda 2000i and I live at 7800 feet. Most of our camping with the generator has been above that level. We bought the 2000i from Mayberry's Service in Port Murry, NJ through the internet. I don't believe they changed the jet when we purchased the generator. I have used the generator hunting and camping in the Colorado mountains several times and never have had a moments worth of trouble starting or running. I also use it as back-up power for the pump on our hot water boiler in the house.
Good luck with your 2000i.
KHerfurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #6
Brutus

We're at 6000 feet. Got the generator in Florida (max elevation 25 feet at the landfill). Have used our eu2000i all the time in Colorado without any issues. IMHO, all Honda engines are very forgiving.
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote