TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2017, 09:44 AM   #1
mcfeeley

Default Need Colorado Repair Service

I have a 2014 3124KB needing some service. Does anyone know of an RV repair facility in Colorado familiar with TrailManors? I'm mainly concerned whether they know how to open and close without damage.
mcfeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:06 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Until recently, one of the nation's premier TM dealers / service shops was The Car Show in Colorado Springs. Although they are no longer in the TM business, you might call them and ask the same question. They are great people.

They will ask (as will I) what service you need. Most service can be performed by any RV service place - it is not TM-specific. The exceptions are service on the lift system itself. You are right to be concerned with whether they know how to open and close it, but I have usually found it possible to ask them where on the lot the service will be performed, then park it in that location and set it up before you leave. When I can't do that, I have asked the service manager to open and close it with me, and they have always been happy to do so. After all, they don't want to cause damage to the trailer any more than you do. But take the time to acquaint them with the process - don't just drop the hitch and drive away.

To me, the most important point to be sure they understand is "Don't move it while it is set up!"

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #3
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

FYI, The Car Show not only went out of the TM business, but went out of business altogether. They closed their doors completely.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:01 AM   #4
mcfeeley

Thanks. I actually bought the unit from The Car Show in the spring of 2015. I was very happy with their service and disappointed when they closed. I noticed one time when I went there to get a repair part that they had no TM inventory on their lot. They said they couldn't get inventory. I was hoping to get a few items repaired that are under an extended warranty before the repair facilities get busy. Since many were sold in CO, I was hoping that someone had found a repair facility that had some familiarity since many will have to schedule it and opening it may not be an option. I'll check around.
mcfeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:17 PM   #5
jquarles

I live in the Denver area and have been trying to work with the factory in Nebraska since August. It hasn't been going well. The Car Show was great, but now there is no one that I know of. I was told by the factory that another dealer in the Denver area was interested in carrying TM's. But not sure if that happened or not. I am coordinating with the factory to possibly do some refurb work if I make the 9 hour drive to them. My worry is I get there and for some reason they can't do it on time and I get stuck with that problem. I have had incredibly bad communication with them so I am having a tough time believing they can get the work done. I just posted that story in another thread I originally posted the beginning of my issues.

If you find someone that can service, please let me know.
Denver, CO
jquarles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:44 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jquarles View Post
I live in the Denver area.... I am coordinating with the factory to possibly do some refurb work.
I haven't found your other thread, so I don't know what kind of refurb work you need done. Are you sure that the task is TM-specific? As noted above, unless you get involved in body panels or the lift system, almost everything in the TM can be serviced by most any RV shop. Very little is TM-specific.

Bill
Old 03-30-2017, 11:54 PM   #7
jquarles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I haven't found your other thread, so I don't know what kind of refurb work you need done. Are you sure that the task is TM-specific? As noted above, unless you get involved in body panels or the lift system, almost everything in the TM can be serviced by most any RV shop. Very little is TM-specific.

Bill
Bill, I believe my needs are TM-specific. I am looking for all the vinyl flaps, all the seals between the tops and bottom and the torsion system is causing the top to flair out really wide which also damaged the flaps. I also need the horizontal custom lp tanks . I guess i could get welder to fabricate those.

In your experience have you found people who can make all those items?
Denver, CO
jquarles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:44 AM   #8
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Horizontal propane tanks are available on Amazon... Not cheap, but cheaper than a custom fab job. But it sounds like the tanks are the least of your worries.
Attached Images

SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:59 AM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jquarles View Post
Bill, I believe my needs are TM-specific.
You are right. The flaps and the bag seals are TM specific. I don't know if you consider yourself "handy" or not, but I don't think many of us would drive 9 hours to have flaps and bag sealed installed.

Exact-replacement flaps are probably hard to make at home, because it is hard to sew through the thick leather-like material. I don't think we have had anyone here try to fabricate new flaps, so we probably can't offer much in the way of advice. But the flaps are pretty much the same size for all TM's, with only a couple exceptions, so if you can get the factory to respond (keep trying), you should be able to get some. The parts manual on the TM web site has some pictures (admittedly poor) showing the flap locations. This should help you figure out how to order them.

Bag seals are not terribly hard to fabricate and install, though again you have to be able to sew. There is quite a bit of information here on the forum from folks who have done it.

As pointed out earlier, the horizontal tanks can be purchased for $140 each or less (plus shipping, of course). Amazon is a great source, but no the cheapest. Google around for a better price. The pump jockey at the local propane refill station can't help you, but since you live near a city, you can look for a propane distributor - the guys with the big trucks who come around and fill the big stationary tanks. They may have horizontal tanks in stock (mine in Phoenix did, and there used to be one in Longmont), or they may be able to get them for you for a reasonable price as part of a truckload.

Unless a torsion bar has actually broken, I doubt that they need to be replaced. There is lots of info on this board about how to adjust them. You just need a big socket wrench, and a lot of patience.

All these things are annoying, and you wish you didn't have to do them. But they are manageable.

Bill
Old 03-31-2017, 10:45 AM   #10
kempert
Site Sponsor

"... the torsion system is causing the top to flair out really wide ..."

Anybody know why this might happen?

Could it be that the side arms are pulling the sides out?

2008 2720SL - 7 cross-country trips so far + ventures into western Canada
2002 2720SL - 70,000+ miles before being retired to the farm
2015 Ford F150

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have." -- Author Unknown
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote