TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
Lynda and Tony

Default Replacement Lenses for Optronics Lights

We have recently taken our 2720 over some really rough roads. This resulted in broken tabs that attach the lenses (clear plastic covers) on both the Optronics interior lights. These fixtures have two fluorescent bulbs each. I found the model 17612125 on the Optronics website, but they only sell wholesale and only show the complete fixture, not the replacement lens. I have searched the web, but do not find the replacement parts I need. Does anyone know where the lenses can be purchased?

Thanks for your help.

Tony and Lynda
[email protected]
Old 05-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Just about any RV dealer should be able to get them for you. You should also be able to get them from the TM factory. You might also try here:http://tweetys.com/replacement-lens-...cessories.aspx

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
Lynda and Tony

Thanks, I will try to get them from the sources you cited.

Best regards,
Tony
Old 05-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
You should also be able to get them from the TM factory.
I have no first-hand knowledge, but I would be surprised if you can get the lens from the factory. I'm sure the factory buys complete light fixtures, and installs them just as they come out of the box. They have no reason to buy (and stock, and inventory) sub-unit parts. It would be a major undertaking to stock and keep track of sub-unit parts for all the appliances in the trailer. The gas range, for example, must have 50 sub-unit parts, the refrigerator likewise, the toilet has quite a number, and so forth.

The manufacturer of the light is a better bet, since they have all the individual sub-parts as part of their manufacturing process. A specialized parts house like Tweety's (thanks for the link, by the way, I was unaware of them), is a good source. If you try the factory, and they can indeed provide the lens, please let us know, and I will change my views.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Lynda and Tony

Default Replacement Lenses for Optronics Lights

Thanks to all who responded. As Bill pointed out, I did not expect the TrailManor factory or dealer to carry these parts and I did not contact them. Prior posts I have read on the Forum indicate the factory is probably the source for "TrailManor specific" parts, but not for "general RV" parts. I did check the websites for RV outlets like Camping World and others, but none showed the replacement lenses on their sites, so I tried the Users Forum, where I have gotten great advice in the past.

I also filled out a request at the Optronics website asking where I could purchase the lenses. Their Customer Service Supervisor wrote back saying she was sending out two complimentary replacement lenses. Now THAT is customer service! I wrote her back with a Thank You and suggested they consider setting up Camping World or other RV parts outlets to handle the lenses.

Thanks, again, to you Forum folks for your support and help.

Tony