TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > TrailManor Pictures
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
flashpoint

Default my "new to me" 1992 23 Trailmanor

I have to be honest. I wasnt looking for a trailer at this time nor had I ever heard of a Trailmanor before.
I get a call from a friend at work wondering how he should go about selling a trailer for his parents. He called me because I have camped for most of my life and I have bought a sold numerous RV's over the past 20 years. Out of curiousity I ask him what kind of trailer it is and well ,the rest is history.

The trailer is a 1992 23 ft Trailmanor that was bought brand new by his parents. It has gone on many trips but was always stored inside a garage when not in use. It is what I call near mind condition. Short of a full detail and a new set of tires, I was camping in it a week later. It is truely the best of both worlds. Towing is a breez and when its open its comfortable and roomy. I am amazed at how little the TM's have changed over the years. Some of the colors inside are bit dated but The layout is almost exact as a new one. Looking online at the price of a new TM just makes me smile from ear to ear when I think about what I paid for this trailer. I got lucky for sure and now I'm back camping.

BTW: This board has been extremely helpful in answering alot of my questions over the last few weeks and I thank all of you who have helped with input. HAPPY CAMPING!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Congratulations! And wow, from the pictures, it appears incredibly clean and in great shape for a 17-year old trailer. You lucky dog!

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Congratulations! And wow, from the pictures, it appears incredibly clean and in great shape for a 17-year old trailer. You lucky dog!

Dave
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

It sure looks to be in better shape than my '98........good find. Just don't think that this is the end of it ($)........hahahahaha.......we've got news for you. You can get modded to death($) on these things.....
Old 10-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
P and B

Flashpoint- you were indeed lucky. From the photos, it looks like its in excellent condition. TMs are a lot of fun since they are large and secure inside but don't suffer all the issues that big trailers do to tow them.

Have fun, as I'm sure you will.

Phil
Old 10-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
Wavery
TrailManor Master

BTW......You might want to get the wheel bearings serviced when you buy new tires. Letting a trailer sit for long periods of time is very hard on the wheel bearings.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
dlkcub

Nice looking unit. Enjoy
Old 10-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
flashpoint

harveyrv.....yes sir...I already checked them out and repacked them thanks for the heads up.
As far as mods..I already have TM fever. I have the 2.5 inch lift kit in my posession {I have a very steep driveway and it rubs in and out} not for long! I've made a custom TV mount that fits into the corner of the bathroom wall and sink area. I'm working on beefing up the rear bumper and frame to accomodate a storage rack/bike rack combo. Dual batts and an inverter are in my possession{I had them from a previous RV}. I plan on adding the batts to the front of the trailer and adding the inverter in the new space under the dinette were the old battery was( I do a bit of dry camping in the desert here in California) Lets see what else can I do....J/King thats enough for now.

Believe it or not I paid $1500 dollars for the trailer. With all my mods, tires and nick knacks I'm in just over $2K right now....not to shabby right?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashpoint View Post

Believe it or not I paid $1500 dollars for the trailer. With all my mods, tires and nick knacks I'm in just over $2K right now....not to shabby right?
You should be ashamed.......

I mounted my inverter under the front bunk, right next to the batteries. It improves efficiency and avoids over-heating.

When the trailer is closed, it tucks neatly under the cabinets on the inside. Never had any water issues, even in the rain with strong winds.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #9
flashpoint

Ya I know now that I got real lucky! REAL LUCKY!

As far as your inverter. Not a bad idea at all! I like that. It stays within 4ft of the Batts, witch is suggested and it stays cool. Great Idea! The unit on the left is your inverter correct? whats the smaller unit on the right?
Old 10-31-2009, 09:19 AM   #10
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashpoint View Post
Ya I know now that I got real lucky! REAL LUCKY!

As far as your inverter. Not a bad idea at all! I like that. It stays within 4ft of the Batts, witch is suggested and it stays cool. Great Idea! The unit on the left is your inverter correct? whats the smaller unit on the right?
The unit on the left is the inverter. The unit on the right is my converter. The one that is originally in the TM is only 25A and is located far away from the batteries and only delivers about 11A peak @ the batteries. This one delivers 45A peak, due to it's short distance from the batteries and it's a 45A converter.

We dry camp a lot and the 45A converter will give the batteries a quicker boost from our generator. For full charging of the batteries (at home), there's not a lot of difference however.

The key to the location is careful measurements to get them low enough so that the interior cabinet misses them when the top is closed but yet high enough to have enough space for the depth of the items.

I get my 110V power from the outlet next to the dinette, on the side of the galley cabinet. I hard wired it to the back of the outlet and ran cable through the cabinet under the dinette seat. You can see the wire coming out of the wall, just to the right of the converter.