TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-21-2006, 10:34 AM   #1
realbtl

Default Greetings

After lurking around for the past couple of weeks decided to join up. After looking around the net it looks like a TM will best meet my needs. I live about 1 hour SW of Glacier NP and DON"T want a tent, between the bears and the possiblilty of snow even in summer.

I'm concerned about the comfort of the sofa bed. Size will work but can an adult sleep well on it?

This seems like an interesting and useful group. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:06 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

What model TM do you have in mind?

In my 2720SL, the answer is "not really". The bed is short enough that our 6-foot son had to sleep diagonally on it in order to straighten out. He's a good kid, but after a week, he had had enough.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
MidwestDave

Default Bed Comfort

I believe the cushions on the sofa are as thick as the bed matresses.
I am six foot two inches tall and weigh 276 lbs. I sleep well on our queen size bed in our new 2720. If you search the form you will see some prefer using a 1 1/2" or 2" memory foam matress in addition to provided matress.
That's my two cents! Welcome to the form. It is money well spent.

Midwest Dave
Quad Cities USA
Old 07-21-2006, 01:56 PM   #4
realbtl

Right now I'm still in the "what exactly am I really going to use it for" stage. I of course want it all, king bed in a 20 footer. My DW and I don't do well in a queen for more than a day or 2 and she has volunteered(?) to sleep in one of the other spots. Right now I'm leaning towards one of the 2720's as I can get into some of the more off-the-beaten-path sites but I'm fairly open, I looked at a used 3327 or what ever the largest TM is and that is too much for what I want to do. It's a bit difficult to compare as the nearest dealer is 500+ mi away and the website, while helpful, doesn't take the place of standing in the real thing. Thanks for the responses and the welcome.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:39 PM   #5
Freedom

I've never drawn a TM floor plan on my garage floor, but have sketched out things I've fabricated from steel or wood on the garage floor. Maybe if you measured out the size TM you're considering on the floor you could get an idea of the living space. Don't forget to show the counters, bathroom, etc. One solution we have for the sleeping arrangement, we each take a bed, (2619 has a bed at each end.) unless we have the grand kids along. I've said it before - if we had it to do over again we'd get the 2720 (not SD or SL) because of the bigger bed in back and extra foot of storage space. YMMV
Old 07-21-2006, 06:32 PM   #6
Magdefrau

3023 model 2004

The couch is a fine bed for a child or small adult. With four 1"X4"X4' wooden slats space evenly between the couch bed and the other couch and laying the cushions down, a nice bed is created. Maybe everone knew this, I figured out that all the cushions from the two couches fit perfectly across the dining area. My wife hurt her knee the last outing. She really like the couch bed. I think it sleeps fine.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #7
Doug W.

I personally have the 3124KS and I will definately get another one or the 3124KB if I buy a new trailer. We love the king bed in the back. The 3124KS is like the 2720SL except bigger. The 3124KB is like the 2720. My son and his fiance slept on the couch and it was cramped. It is fine for two children or two small thin adults or one adult large/tall adult. We did have a two inch foam pad for it though. We have a conversion van we pull it with. When my other son and friend came with us, my son was nice and let his friend have the couch and he slept on the smaller more uncomfortable bed in the van.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #8
PopBeavers

DW and I always get the queen bed in the rear. My 23 year old son, at 6'5", gets the double in the front. Daughter sleeps in her backpacking ten. Allegedly, I snore, but I consider it to be an undocumented rumor.

Sometimes my son stays home and my brother in law and his so go with us. Nephew, 23 and 6'1" gets the dinette and his dad gets the double in the front. No one is complaining.

We opted not to get the sofa as it just didn't seem to be as comfortable as the dinette would be. This is just an opinion, I have no data on the sofa comfort for adults or children.