TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-25-2004, 07:31 PM   #1
live2shopnc

Default TV Antenna ??

I put my tv in today. The roof antenna worked fine with the booster on. The signal was weak but better than I expected. I live so far from a tv station that an antenna is usually usless. When I turned on the power roof vent it interfered with the picture. TV was running on ac power. Anyone else ever had this problem or is it because of a weak signal? Also when I hooked up the sat.dish I couldn't get a signal on the tv. I had the dish hooked to the ext. tv outlet. I took it off the outside connector and ran it directly to the tv and it did fine. Is there some sort of switch I missed or is it a bad inside tv power receptacle?
Old 04-25-2004, 09:01 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re:TV Antenna ??

[quote author=live2shopnc link=board=1;threadid=1877;start=msg13296#msg13296 date=1082943097] Also when I hooked up the sat.dish I couldn't get a signal on the tv. I had the dish hooked to the ext. tv outlet. I took it off the outside connector and ran it directly to the tv and it did fine. Is there some sort of switch I missed or is it a bad inside tv power receptacle?[/quote]Neither, unfortunately. Your satellite TV's antenna has an amplifier in it. Your satellite set-top box sends DC electrical power up the cable to run the amplifier. However, when you hook up through the little Winegard TV cable panel, it blocks the power to the amplifier.

There was a thread about this last summer. See
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/yabb...sg9123#msg9123

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:24 AM   #3
hal

Also, inspect each and every coax connection. If i recall, the center copper wire is to be exposed about 3/8" for good contact. you can check with your local Radio Shack for more specific information. Especially, in your case, look at the connections that are made to the antenae control that is mounted in the cabinet that surrounds your refer.

Hal
Old 04-26-2004, 08:16 PM   #4
live2shopnc

Thanks for the help. There seems to be a diode in the cir. board that keeps the 12 to 18 volts from the sat. receiver from going to the outside cable connection. I will just run the sat.cable
under the side flap.