TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-07-2015, 01:56 PM   #1
shebantam

Default pin in front bed will not go into hole

I have taken a picture of the front inside latch on the bed. I do also note there is a slight slump towards the front of the trailer.

I can get unde the bed and push it up with my back and someone inside has to lock that side.

Yes I have the curtains down. Put up command hooks and a cafe rod, will not stay in the hook when lowrring, so since it is easy enough to lift them off and on, I decided to do that.

Why are my pictures upside down? They are correct on my tablet?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151007_152732.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	12426   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151007_152510.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	568.3 KB
ID:	12427  
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
1999 Sunnybrook 26FK with WDH with sway
all pulled by a 1999 F150
shebantam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #2
shebantam

let me try the pictures again, emailed them to my self and they came to my HP correctly, so I am reattaching on my HP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TM.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	12428   Click image for larger version

Name:	TM bed pin.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	12429  
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
Old 10-07-2015, 04:48 PM   #3
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Default Adjustments

Have you tried the procedure for adjusting the raised position of the shell? If it's the same on your old TM, there is a bolt at the low end of the lifting rod behind the plastic shield that has to be adjusted in the down position, because that's the only time you can reach it, and then tested in the up position. Until I adjusted this, my bed overshot its proper "deployed" position.
BrucePerens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:50 PM   #4
ka9nyn

Has the bolt/roller assembly that moves in the slot under the bunk jumped out and is holding the far end of the bunk higher than normal? Just a thought.
2001 Trailmanor 2720 (NTU 7/18/2015, owner #3)
***Now, 15" tires, lift kit, new torsion bars.
ka9nyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:54 PM   #5
shebantam

Bruce I will try to find this bolt when it is down. I was almost able to lift the front by myself today...blamed gas bottles.

The bed comes out fairly smoothly, about like a popup bunk end. Does move side to side a little while pulling, like my popup bed.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
Old 10-08-2015, 09:52 AM   #6
shebantam

I think I figured out the problem but it is not a Paula fix...the front drivers bed support that slides in the V towards the outside has a stripped bolt. I can turn but not tighten. Looks like someone had tried to fix something up there as there are 2 silver washers. The other side is level, hence why I can put in the pin on that side.

Hubby had the idea (well me too but afraid I could not get it back together) of adding a couple more washers. Then I found the bolt is stripped, holding but stripped. I love old trailers, never a dull moment. Raymond wants to put in a new bolt and washers, but...

The metal supports are in, the one pin is in and no one is sleeping in that bunk on this next trip. So I am buying time.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
Old 10-08-2015, 10:15 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Paula -

I'm not entirely sure which bolt you are referring to, but your first step is to check it against the other three (one more in the front bed, two in the rear bed). The main bolt in the slide is not supposed to be tightened.

Commodor47 took some photos of the bolt I am talking about, and put them in one of his albums. Try this
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...php?albumid=66

Of course, if this is not the bolt you are talking about, ignore all this.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:21 PM   #8
shebantam

Thank you Bill, it looks from the pictures that is the bolt. Mine looks a little different but I believe we are on the same page. The other Bolt on same side is tight and has what looks to be a factory installed ring/spacer. The bolt I seem to be having a problem with is very loose and standard washers have been put in, not the spacer.

I checked level, side to side I am level, the back part of the trailer on both sides is level, the front on the door side is level, the front shell top on the other side is not level where the bolt is loose.
On his second picture there is the factory installed (I think) spacer, he is calling a washer.

I may need to add one of those or more washers? How hard is it to change the bolt and add spacers? I do not have a lot of upper body strength (never have) so (wo)manhandleing the bed may not be an option. Would that bring the bed up and level out the front driver's side of the shell?

Also his caption is about when bed is fully extended. on mine it goes to the ends of the track.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
Old 10-08-2015, 05:00 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Paula -

There should be no need to manhandle the bed. The bolt in the picture merely hangs down, and the nut is a nylock (nylon locking) nut. I think you can unscrew the nut without access to the head of the bolt, simply by gripping the threaded part of the bolt with padded pliers. Finding a nylon sleeve of a size to slip over the bolt may be a problem, but should be doable. I know my local Ace Hardware has nylon sleeves of various sizes. Perhaps you can find one there (they may call them spacers rather than sleeves), or maybe Home Depot, etc. If you simply can't find one, I would think that a 1" piece of white PVC pipe of the right diameter might serve as a temporary solution. Once you have the sleeve on the bolt, just run the nylock nut back up until the nylon part grips, then a few more turns if needed. But don't tighten it - it won't slide if it is too tight.

Hope this helps

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:30 PM   #10
shebantam

It may help, Thanks again, and thank you in explaining in nontechnical terms,I have a DoItbest 2 blocks away and need to go to Lowes tomorrow to pick up some stuff I ordered. Will try to find one. I may not get to put it in until next week when I am having a working campout to fix up the Old Gal with a friend who LOVES to do that kind of stuff.
2006 Aliner Cabin A3