TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #11
bell
Site Sponsor

Question Where does the check go?

I still need to mail the check to Chris.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Sorry Bell I am surprised Bill hasn't chimed in since he still communicates with Chris.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:29 AM   #13
Bill & Lisa

This is America, land of the free. SInce when is a member of this forum given the 3rd degree for expressing their Opinion. PopBeavers didn't bash PayPal, he just said he doesn't trust them and asked for an address (which I hope he has gotten by now). Chalk it up to him being paranoid if you like but he shouldn't have to defend his personal choices against the opinion of others like I saw in this thread. JMHO.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #14
PopBeavers

fwiw, I did not feel bashed. Yous hould see what happens to threads at rv.net or thumpertalk.com

No, I have not yet found an address to mail Chris a check. Apparently he has reset my expired id because clearly I have been posting.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #15
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Lisa View Post
This is America, land of the free. SInce when is a member of this forum given the 3rd degree for expressing their Opinion. PopBeavers didn't bash PayPal, he just said he doesn't trust them and asked for an address (which I hope he has gotten by now). Chalk it up to him being paranoid if you like but he shouldn't have to defend his personal choices against the opinion of others like I saw in this thread. JMHO.
Bill & Lisa No one gave him the third degree. He made a statement that was a negative one any way you look at it & if Wayne(Harvey) hadn't asked a new person may have just took his experience as a reason not to use PayPal. This would be the same if I came here & never seen a discussion get past the negative opinions of TM or any product or service for that matter. Because by your America, Land of the free statement it would be giving someone the third degree if we asked why they felt the way they do about the TM or tried to explain our own experiences to give them a different perspective possibly to think about.

As for me I just wanted him to know that I never personally had an issue & had done lots of business & still do personal transactions with no spam ever. I also explained why this was trying to help him if it could. I also said he could have a different experience. I would apologize to him if I believed I gave him the third degree. This is what I did for Bell because her post wasn't really answered yet since sometimes on boards post get off track a little from OP.

Wayne (PopBeavers) I hope you took all my answers as they were intended, just trying to help with a different perspective not giving the third degree.

Now back to the OP's question, Did you get the address. If not have you PMed Bill he may be able to help? Bell if you are not able to get the address I have an idea for you as a last resort.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:19 AM   #16
Bill & Lisa

Your points are well taken and highlight to an extent why I felt PB got jumped on. The thread went way off topic and was well on the way to becoming a thread about paypal instead of addressing the question of the OP. (all because someone offered an opionion on why they also wanted to mail a check).

When it is all said and done, Pop Beavers still has the opinion that he had at the start and Bell and Pop Beavers are still looking for an address. At least the focus is back to addressing the original questions again.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #17
Wavery
TrailManor Master

My reason for asking, "What's up with, "I don't trust PayPal"??????" was that I was a little shocked at the statement because I use PayPal a lot and I thought maybe he knew something that I "or others" didn't know.

Just seeking info, not questioning his motives.........

There are a lot of businesses that ONLY take PayPal as a form of payment. I don't know if that is the case here but it certainly could be. I don't know if I would feel comfortable giving out my address to someone that I don't know..........just a thought....
Old 06-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #18
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Bell,

Here is the information you need from the "Getting Started On The Board" forum:

Mike

Becoming A Mamber Of The Board

Welcome to the TrailManor Owner's page.

Our site has moved to a Sponsorship system to help cover the costs of hosting. Here is how it works:

* You don't have to register at all. You can browse our guest areas for free. You won't be able to post.
* If you register as a new user (it's free), you will have complete access to the board, the same access as a Site Sponsor, for 30 days.
* At the end of the 30 days, if you haven't become a Site Sponsor, you will be dropped to Registered Guest status. You will have access to all guest areas, and will be able to post in those areas as well. But you will lose access to the Sponsor areas.
* If you choose to become a Site Sponsor, you have access to all areas of the board for a full year. The cost to become a site sponsor is $12 payable by Check or via PayPal to [email protected]

To send a check, send an Email to [email protected], and I will send my address for you.

Please send me any questions that you may have.
Thanks
Ct..

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #19
PopBeavers

I'm just waiting for the web master to reply back with his snail mail address. My guess is that Chris does not check it often. I'll try again.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Mike Laupp -

Thanks for picking up on this. I've been ourt of town for a couple days, but I alerted Chris to the problem today.

As for Paypal, I use it routinely BUT I have modified the form of payment to a credit card that I use exclusively for PayPal. That gives me two layers of protection - if PayPal does something I don't like, I can dispute the payment with the credit card people.

Spam? It is a fact of life. I don't how they get it, but they do, and I have railed against companies that I was sure had sold my data. I conducted an experiment a couple years ago. I signed up for two throw-away email addresses on Yahoo on the same day, certain that Yahoo would sell my info. I posted a couple random messages using one address. I never used the other. Sure enough, within 24 hours the spam came rolling in to the first address. I have never received a single email, spam or otherwise, on the second address. So in this case, simply using the address was enough to get on the spam lists - and NOT using it was enough to keep me off. Yahoo didn't sell it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote