TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-23-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
krausek5

Default Bathroom wall repair

I noticed the right side wall/hinge was getting a little loose so I decided to attempt a repair. (the wall portion with the top half of the door near the sink)

Part of it I was able to repair because the screws had pulled through the plastic slides. I used the same screws but put small washers on them. Fixed temporarily.

The second part I was unable to fix. The slide portion is riveted to the hinge and two rivets had pulled out. I was able to drill out the rivets and remove them, however, I attempted an assortment of rivets for replacement and was unable to get rivets to crimp down enough to duplicate the other three.

Does anyone know the correct size or material for the rivet?
Has anyone attempted a non-rivet alternative? Low profile bolt head with a nut? Anything?

Thanks.....

Kevin Krause
2008 2720
krausek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #2
krausek5

Default Found something

My neighbor had an assortment of rivets and I found something that works. Unfortunately, I have no idea what size it actually was.

i think the fix may only work for a few years, then I will need to order a new slider assembly and replace the whole thing.
krausek5 is offline   Reply With Quote