TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
mamabear

Default lion or a lamb??

HI everybody,

Got an idea how to make Spring come early(or at least think about it). Let's figure out how March is coming in this year in your state: like a LION OR A LAMB , please put the state you are in when you reply.

mamabear

WE are in Northern Illinois and it is 40 windy and calling for Thunderstorms today, so I would say a soon to be lion

Hope everyone can enjoy this little poll
Old 03-01-2004, 11:22 AM   #2
2manypets
Site Sponsor

Default Re:lion or a lamb??

Here in Central Arkansas it is already 68 degrees, and I think the high was predicted to be 72 today. So looks like Lamb weather down here.

Loretta
2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 06:36 PM   #3
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Here in NorthEast Pa., it was in the low 50's. Partly sunny, and the white stuff was melting really well. I guess you might say the lamb was here today.

Look out for the end of March. Things in NE Pa. can change very quickly in March.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:58 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Re: Central Coast, CA

Can I vote for "banana slug" instead of lion or lamb?

Spring is coming slowly, steadily, but existing in moist conditions..only one instance of hail this whole winter and that was last week for a couple of minutes. Had some wind, but hey, that was February!

Weeds and grass are growing, trees are blooming, but it hasn't been nice enough outside for a while for more than a couple of days to even think about camping, lots of rain. Am not complaining, just waiting. We need the rain.

B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:48 PM   #5
Windbreaker

Today was a lamb. 77, calm winds, just a great day - started tilling the garden.

The sad thing is that our spring rally is at the end of the month, guess I better learn to camp/have fun in the rain and wind.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:14 PM   #6
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Don't know much about lions or lambs. Here in north Louisiana, it's been nothin but a frog choker rain all day and the ducks are wearing water wings to stay afloat. ;D
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 10:21 PM   #7
Paul_Heuvelhorst

In the northeast Sierra's of California, it began to snow at about 6:30 a.m. and didn't stop until 3" had accumulated on our deck off the back of the house! I'd say March started out like a lion. ;D

We are at 122% of normal precipitation for the season, so we are looking forward to a full lake this summer and lots of outdoor recreation. 8)
Old 03-02-2004, 08:43 AM   #8
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Hmmm....snowed an inch or so here in town (Colorado Springs) last night, temp currently 25 degrees. Mountains got anywhere from 1 to 3 feet. March and April (sometimes even into the first half of May) are the snowiest months by far in Colorado. I have seen 8 inches of snow (and 20 ish temps) even here in Colorado Springs as late as May 10th. Gardeners are advised to not even think about planting anything until mid May as there can be killer frosts until around the 15th...in the mountain communities, gardening has to wait until mid June (with a 75 day growing season).

My first camping trip last year was June 14th...awoke to a couple of inches of fresh snow...sure was glad I had an electrical hookup in that campground because the TM's furnace was running almost fulltime!

By late May I **might** be able to start camping in the relatively low altitude areas (under 8000 feet in elevation) without worrying about snowstorms...but the higher elevation campgrounds (those around 9000 to 11000 feet) will be iffy until mid or even late June.
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:11 AM   #9
Steverino

Central PA reporting.

Baaaaaaaa!

Highs in the upper 50's-low 60's the past couple of days, forecasted in the 40's-50's for this week.

Snow & ice pretty much melted by now - everything's just soggy.

One more snow wouldn't surprise me, but it's feelin' mighty spring-like!

Steve
Old 03-02-2004, 09:26 AM   #10
EPICSDUDE

South Mississippi,

Wet and Balmy!

Must be a lamb!

But wait, there is tomorrow!!!!!!