TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-03-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
K Kumar

Default Shower faucet replacement

Hi all.

I am in the process of replacing the shower faucet because it sprung a leak. My bad (pipes froze because of cold weather). Has anyone does this and can give me some advice?

I have already cut the top of the tub to access the pipes below the faucet. Unable to install new faucet since there is not enough gap to tighten the nut on the pipe below the faucet to the threaded pipe coming from the new faucet.

Really stuck at this point because I think TM has installed the faucet connection to the pipes from below & sealed of the bottom with insulation and thin sheet of metal (which I didn't feel like cutting to access the pipes from the bottom of the trailer.

Thanks.

Kumar
Old 01-03-2017, 07:18 PM   #2
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

I have a small access panel on the back of the trailer that allowed me access to the fittings under the bathtub. Not sure what you have on the 2720. You can see the faucet I installed under my photo albums. The "other mods" file. It's a Scandvik faucet I bought thru Amazon. The supply lines are closer together, so I had to do some cutting. I got large rubber washers as well as metal washer to cover the openings. Looks good and I am happy.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:04 PM   #3
K Kumar

Thank you for the input.

I called TrailManor and they told me that I have an access panel in the battery compartment to get to the pipe. Once I opened it, I was able to access the pipe and connect the replacement faucet to the tubes easily.

Wish I had known about this access panel before I cut the tub around the faucet to take out the leaking faucet.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I suppose you could consider yourself lucky. I think 2007 was the first year that TM included that access panel - I know my 2006 2720SL does not have one. I started to cut through the front wall of the battery compartment in order to install a panel, and very nearly cut through the side of the tub. Now that would have been a disaster!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:54 PM   #5
K Kumar

Bill,

Don't feel lucky. Just a little more patience would have helped. If I had made the phone call to TM and found out about the door, it would have saved a hole in the tub, that I have now covered with plexiglass.

Lesson learned - check with the experts before proceeding.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #6
grluckey

I am considering replacing my shower faucet as well and I have a 2720. Do you have any tips? Do I need any special tools or will the water lines attach to a replacement faucet without any additional parts? Thanks for a reply.
grluckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #7
K Kumar

Hi,

I just saw your post, hence the delayed reply.

I don't think you need any special tools to do the job. Once you open the panel in the battery compartment, you can access the pipe.

Turn of the water, loosen the nuts on the pipes to detach them from the faucet, loosen the wing nuts holding the faucet and take it out. Put in the new faucet, tighten the wing nuts to hold it in place and then tighten the nuts on pipes to the faucet. Check for leaks and you are good to go.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:11 AM   #8
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Following up on this thread, I am about to replace the broken shower faucet in my 3023. After some probing in the rear storage compartment and behind the outside shower panel, I was about to resign myself that I would have to start cutting somewhere. Then voila, I noticed the faucet is mounted on a rectangular box that is mounted above the tub with two screws. Loosen those and you get just enough access to disconnect the water lines. After that the whole box will come off for easy replacement of the faucet.

This is a 2003 model 3023.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #9
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstick View Post
Following up on this thread, I am about to replace the broken shower faucet in my 3023. After some probing in the rear storage compartment and behind the outside shower panel, I was about to resign myself that I would have to start cutting somewhere. Then voila, I noticed the faucet is mounted on a rectangular box that is mounted above the tub with two screws. Loosen those and you get just enough access to disconnect the water lines. After that the whole box will come off for easy replacement of the faucet.

That is a 2003 model 3023.
That is what we did on our 2003. Hardest part was cleaning off the sealant and re-sealing.

What year did TM change from the street side faucet mount to the left rear corner mount that is accessible from the rear storage/battery compartment?
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:53 PM   #10
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Someone mentioned it was possibly around 2006 or so when they changed the design?

And by the way, I need to revise my comments a little. It turned out not as simple as I thought. There were actually 4 screws holding the box in place. There are two near the top of the box and two down lower that fasten the box to a tab on the upper edge of the tub.

I was not using an exact replacement for my faucet, instead I had laundry sink faucet (all metal construction) lying around that I re-used. The connections on back were a bit too long, so I had to cut them off to fit into the box. As a result (long story), it was too hard to re-use the original fittings on the water lines. So I had to cut those off and replace with straight shark-bite fittings plus a couple of short hoses.

It was not all that easy to work in there without removing the two lower screws, which I didn't do. So an exact fit replacement probably would have been simple without removing the entire box but not so much if other mods are required..
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote