TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2011, 04:52 AM   #1
klv5920

Default Campgrounds -- Georgia

If anyone has knowledge of campgrounds in Georgia between Macon and Savannah and Jacksonville, FL, would be grateful if you shared. Also
in Florida near West Palm Beach area. Trip in September, need overnight stops and would prefer someplace other than a parking lot.
Thanks, Karen
Old 07-03-2011, 06:35 AM   #2
brulaz

Don't know about that Georgia stretch, but Jonathon Dickinson State park is pretty close to West Plam Beach.

Jonathan Dickinson

It has two campgrounds; the one down by the river has more privacy, shade and is quieter. The one up by the highway is new with very little shade, but has sewage connections for long stays.

The local towns (Tequesta and Jupiter) are nice, and there's some great beaches nearby.

EDIT: now that I think about it, there are also Florida State Parks up near the Georgia border and Jacksonville. We think they're wonderful and spend a good part of the winter drifting from one to another. But don't forget the possibility of hurricanes in September.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
klv5920

But don't forget the possibility of hurricanes in September.[/QUOTE]

We will be on our way to the Keys for a week's stay in September. Four days in Sept only availability in Bahia Honda. Taking a chance but hoping weather cooperates.
Need only overnight stops in Georgia and Palm Beach but will certainly look at Jonathan Dickson. Thanks for info!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Valdosta, GA has a convenient stop over . . . if you are traveling I-75. It is located close to the Ga/FL border and welcomes overnight guests. We stayed there in March on our way up from Port Charlotte, FL.

http://www.riverparkvaldosta.com/

Here is a link to some photos: https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...wg9TSugbazHt3X

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #5

George L. Smith SP is near Metter on the way to Savannah off I16. Very pretty with a Cyprus mill pond. If you make it to Savannah, Skidaway Island SP is beautiful.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
klv5920

Both of these campgrounds would be great BUT I need a Sat night stay only and these campgrounds require two nights on weekends. SOO, I may have to stay in a private campground. Not my desire, necessity only unless I can find someplace else to foldout.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #7
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

There is a nice Glynn County park in Brunswick. We really like it and camp there every year. We have friends who also camp there every year and have for years and years.

I do not think a one night stay would be a problem unless you plannned to stay during a holiday like Larbor day then there is a 3 day minimum.

http://www.glynncounty.org/index.aspx

If you are in the St. Simons Island area be sure to eat at the Southern Soul Barbeque. Our favorite is the pulled pork.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:23 AM   #8
Joseph

Default Veterans State Park . . .

You may want to look into the Georgia State Park System. Have stayed in several of them as we live in Georgia and have enjoyed the all. However not sure if they are what you are looking for. The one that comes to mind is one just East of Cordele GA, this is south of Macon, called Veterans State Park.
Here is a link to a map of others that may help.

http://www.gastateparks.org/map
Old 07-12-2011, 05:54 AM   #9
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

Florida state parks tend to fill and need to be booked ahead of time. Hannah park is a city park in jax. You could try there try using reserveamerica website. It will give you information on campgrounds and the availability for certain dates You can put in a zip code of a destination and it will search the area
Old 07-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #10
radwhopper

You can try Fort Clinch State Park in Fernandina Beach. Its not far off I-95 and kind of in the area you are looking for.
radwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote