TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
brittoa

Default Rain water got in through windows. Help!

Hello all fellow TM owners.

Newbie here. Actually new to RVing. So far I have tent camped only. Just bought a used 2007 TM 3023 first of Aug. Very impressed with its capabilities and convieniences. And this forum has been very helpfull in making my decision to purchase and learning to enjoy it. Thank you all.

I got a call from wife yesterday, who took the TM out camping in Payson, AZ with our kids and a neighbors wife and kids. This is the second camping trip in 3 weeks we owned the TM. She forgot to close the windows and the roof top vent and left for some sight seeing trip and there was a heavy downpour. She says there was little water on the floor. And the cushions on the couch and mattress got soaked near the windows. And ofcourse all the curtains on the windows got soaked. I haven't seen the TM yet, because she is coming home later today and I will update if there is more info.

Please note that the first camp trip we slept through a heavy downpour as well and ofcourse all windows were closed and there was no sign of water leaks anywhere. So the TM held up very good in rain. It is just that the windows were open and rain got in. Live and learn!

Here is what I am thinking for cleanup:
  1. Our TM has no carpet, so she mopped the floors and I think that will take care of that.
  2. We live in Chandler, AZ so it is very dry. I think just opening up the TM when she gets home and airing it out will take care of any moisture in the TM. If you have other ideas please let me know.
  3. For the mattress I am thinking of taking them out of the TM and leave it in the hot AZ sun for couple of hours and that should take care of that. Is the mattress removable easily?
  4. As far as the couch I dont think the cushions comes out, so I am thinking of using a shop vac or renting a steam cleaner and suck up any moisture and clean it up. Not sure how to remove any water marks that will get left behind.
  5. As far as the curtains I am thinking about removing them from the TM and give a COLD wash either in the washing machine or by hand, and let it air dry, so there is no shrinkage.
Sorry for the long post folks. Just wanting to state the problem and hoping to get answers quick. Any thoughts, suggestions, comments and laughs are welcome.

thank you.

Tags
cleanup, rain, water