TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default DVD player

I recently bought a 15" flat-panel TV for my TM, since it takes up less space on the counter than the old 9" tube-type TV. With the new TV, I thought I might like to be able to play an occasional movie, on a rainy day, for example. So I bought a small portable DVD player, a Coby TFDVD-7705. Cute little unit, plugs into the new TV, but it takes up counter space, too.

Then Carol's post on installing a radio made me wonder - has the technology advanced to the point where I could install a combination AM-FM-CD-DVD-MP3-WMA-blah-blah-blah player in the hole above the refrigerator? And plug it into the TV?

The answer is yes. A quick look uncovered the JVC KD-DV4200, which is available from (among other places) Amazon for $200 or Crutchfield for $250. There are plenty of other units available, too, but this seems to be the least expensive that I could find in a quick look.

Nuts. It is too late for me - I refuse to replace a system I just bought. But for anyone considering a radio for the slot above the refrig, this might be a good choice.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:35 PM   #2
Debian Dog

I just was looking for a solution. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
grlewis1

Default DVD Player

Here's another options for Playing those DVD's in your Trailmanor 2720SL. I purchased the Magnavox 17 inch Flat Screen with built in DVD player and
hung it on the wall between the windows. This space on the left side of the couch is just perfect for this unit. To hang it, just give Ed Lytle at Trailmanor a call and order the hanging brackets used for the kitchen cabinet. You will need two brackets and then go to your local hardware store and purchase two L brackets and screw them to the back of the flat screen TV. The Flat screen then just slips down into the trailmanor brackets and your TV wires will run straight down the wall and tuck them under the vinyl flap to your TV and power plugs. The finish look is pretty good and you have freed up your counter space for the kitchen. The Magnavox model # is 17MD255V. You can find it on the internet for around $499.00.
Not a bad price for a Flat Screen and DVD Player and it also plays MP3 disk for 10 hours of music.... Put some PopCorn in the microwave and it's Movie Time.....
Old 03-29-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

How about some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 12:17 AM   #5
FotoCEO

Default Anyone using a portable in the TV and TM?

Still trying to get everything - don't even have our TV yet, but it will be a Toyota Sequoia. They don't configure the one we want with DVD entertainment for the kids, so, following the links in the CD thread, found Crutchfield and saw a 10" portable DVD (MP3, blah, blah) with car mounting bracket that is supposed to easily go inside (plugs into the cig. lighter and AC), has coax connection, etc.

I wasn't wanting a TV in the TM, but did want DVD in the TV (ha! Am I confusing everyone yet??)! This seems like just the ticket for those rainy evenings - just set up inside and watch a movie.

So, doesn't anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

The specific one I'm looking at is the Audiovox D1020.

Thanks!

Joni
Old 04-10-2006, 04:50 AM   #6
MidwestDave

Default Tv for TM with DVD

I don't know what your budget is for tv/dvd outfit,but heres what we did.
We purchased the cheap $33 dvd from Wal Mart and a 15"LCD flat screen tv for around $279. Both units are small,light weight, and fit our needs!

Midwest Dave
On the shores of the mighty Mississippi
Old 04-10-2006, 06:42 PM   #7
Caver
Site Sponsor

Default DVD Player

Joni,

I have the Audiovox D1020. It's an LCD TV with built in DVD player. Mine is an older one and I'm disappointed with the viewing angles. I've seen some newer ones that seem to be better. I would check it out first and make sure it meets your expectations. It is a convenient package and it's what we use in the TM but sometimes it's hard to get it positioned for several of us to watch it. The two wireless headphones are one of it's best features.

The kids use it a lot with video games. It accepts a composite video input.

Good luck with your choice. Ray
Caver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:17 PM   #8
hingarfi

Default DVD watching etc

FWIW I have seen 15" laptop computers for $599. With one of these, (1) Watch DVD (2) add GPS for in car navigation (3) add USB Television module (4) Add Tow Vehicle engine diagnostic SW/Adapter (5) Load/Edit/Store your digital photos (6) Check email at WiFi spots. (7) Keep a diary etc.

I Just finished reservations for our summer excursion (leaving July 5th) to National Parks from TN to ME and thence to Atlantic Canada for 6 weeks (at nephew's cottage). Returning to Texas mid-September (hopefully it will be cooler here by then). We did the NP's in the Rocky Mountain area last fall (5700 miles / 6 weeks). Have had no Trailer/TV issues. Got 15 MPG over the 5700 miles.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:58 PM   #9
Doug W.

I wondered when someone would mention a laptop. I am thinking of buying this laptop: http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...=19&l=en&s=dhs. It has a 17 inch widescreen display plus a TV tuner with remote as a built-in option.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:30 PM   #10
MidwestDave

Default Reference to Dell laptop

Hey Doug, I don't think you can do better than Dell. My son, My son-in-law, and I all have Dell laptops and love'm. Their service is second to none! My son ordered a part for his sons' home computer and it happend to be wrong or bad , can't remember which. Son called Dell and had replacement part the next morning! We have the Inspiron 5100 and really like it on trips. It can do a number of thing as mentioned in earlier posts.

Midwest Dave
(My son works computer support for large midwest company, He's sold on Dell.)