TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2017, 08:54 PM   #1
nwhouston

Default 3124KS Front sofa slide rollers

Over the years our front sofa slide has become quite hard to pull out. I have tried to see if a roller is off but the fact that the whole guide /slide mechanism is low on a KS front pull out, and any roller seems to be within the track, I am not sure what to look for or clean or replace.

Has anyone tackled this issue and found the fix? For reference, when we bought the used '07 either of us could pull out the front sofa by ourselves with one hand. Now it takes both of us tugging hard. Interestingly it does push back in much more easily.
2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L 6 speed auto
+P3 brake controller
nwhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:19 PM   #2
bheisser

check and make all the rollers are making contact to the floor, make sure one of the walls are not "binding" against one of the walls. as you pull it out
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:55 AM   #3
nwhouston

Default Side wall binding during pullout

The sidewall binding is an issue we have noticed, so we focus on keeping the 'box' square are we pull. That is challenging since there is no easy way to get and keep a true center pull due to the tongue. We do find that keeping it square helps; but that alone does not work the problem.

Your comment on the 'rollers on the floor' is interesting. Are you saying there is a single roller on the one small post or pedestal on each side? I have never been able to look up into the slot when we are on a trip so i don't know what the slide actually rests on as you pull it out. Next time I have it in the driveway I will pull it out enough that I can look up into the guide slot. Do you know if that is replaceable?

Thanks for the input.
+P3 brake controller
Old 12-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Pull the slide all the way out. Now with two people (or a jack) lift the front edge of the slide several inches - it is not fastened down. With the slide raised you can peek beneath it and make sure things are correct. In my 2002 2720SL, there were four rollers under the slide. I added another in the center. In my 2006 2720 SL, there are five rollers. Make sure that all are there, and none are broken or badly out of round.

Some info here
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...read.php?t=340

The outer two rollers ride on an aluminum track. The rollers tends to shed pieces of plastic, which then adhere to the track and form dams. Cleaning the track helped mine a lot.

Finally, if you ride with a lot of stuff on the floor of the slideout and the couch itself (as we do), the heavy slideout will tend to fight you as you pull it. If you can get into the TM and remove some of the heavy stuff before pulling the slider out, it will also help.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #5
nwhouston

Default Front slide rollers

Bill, thanks for the clear advice on slide out track inspection. I can easily get that done next time the rig is onsite. Have you replaced any rollers?

We only put pillows, etc on the couch for towing so no weight there. We do put the two hanging cabinets and the so called microwave drawer on the floor in front of the couch, so maybe 20 lbs total there.

I expect the rollers are the answer, so I will get that inspection done soon. Thanks for the guidance.

Larry
+P3 brake controller
Old 12-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #6
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Here are a few more suggestions that may help to ease the movement of the slide.

Spray a little silicone onto a paper towel and carefully wipe down all bag seals that contact any wall. It is a tight fit but I have been successful at getting my fingers between most of the bag seals that contact any walls.

I have also had good luck spraying the rollers with silicone. Go ahead and use silicone spray on any pivot points along the swing arms.

Lastly, spray silicone on the track where the supporting swing arm pins move as you open and close the slide.

This should make opening and closing the slide much easier. Repeat the process as needed.

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote