TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-15-2007, 09:56 PM   #21
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragmopp View Post
* Always store tanks upright.

This is news to me. My TM has been packed away in the garage. Do I really need to remove the tanks and stand upright?
Propane tanks designed to stand upright during use should be stored and/or transported upright. Propane tanks designed to lay down during use should be stored and/or transported in that position. The internal valve assemblies are designed to dispense the propane properly for whichever tank style is on your RV. Most motorhomes use tanks that lay on the side, and they cannot be removed from the RV for filling. The filling has to be done with the tank in place in the RV.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #22
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
The propane tanks on my TM are mostly in the garage because that is where the TM is when not weekend camping.

Did you know that you're not supposed to store propane tanks inside a building? Osha and Wisha (Washington State version of Osha) made us put our propane tanks in a separate explosion proof connex box when I worked for the military.
Today I stopped by my local fire station in San Jose, CA. He never heard of any such thing for residential. Commercial is entirely different.

We had a pleasant conversation about flammable stuff in garages. He said they always assume that the garage has gasoline and spray cans.

I told him I had the following:
2.5 gallon gasoline
1.0 gallon gasoline
several pints Coleman fuel (white gas)
lawn mower with gas
rototiller with gas
generator with gas
2- 20# propane tanks
several 1 pound propane bottles
about a dozen cans of spray paint

He said not to worry about it. He also said that if I wanted to put it in an outside storage shed to make sure the shed will not get too hot and that it is vented. A hot metal shed in the sun in the backyard is probably more dangerous than the insulated garage.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #23
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Default Still Need Tank-Cover Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrhall View Post
I have finnaly found a cover for my horizontal tanks. My concern is damage to the gages etc from stones kicked up by the TV. I bought a 28QT Sterilite brand plastic box at Walmart for under $4. It has to be flexed a little to get it on. Once on it fits like a glove. After i took the pics I added 2 small bungie cords across the beam and top edge for stability.
I bought the same plastic box and discovered there was no way to get it to fit over the valves/gauges on the horizontal tanks. Then, I noticed that you have a swing-away hitch on your TrailManor; I do not - plus, the bolts for my weight-distributing hitch get in the way. Maybe, someone else has solved this problem for me, by finding another way to cover those tanks. I'm wondering if a full-size, two tank vinyl cover might work (would also protect the bottom of the tanks).
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #24
rhmiddl

I use a grill cover on my tanks. $8 at Walmart.