TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2002, 02:22 PM   #1
oilspot

Default Extra Storage

We're just about settled into our "new" 2720SL, but we still yearned for a little bit more organization.

Someone on the board mentioned an optional "microwave" stand that included an additional drawer. Well this sounded like a good solution for the gap between the stove and the wardrobe. Plus we really wanted an extra drawer!

I set out to build a simple drawer that would fit in the gap and finished it last weekend. The end result was a bit heavier than I had hoped; but was constructed entirely from scraps I had around the house (except for the drawer hardware).

The finished drawer has oak plywood, stained to match and a formica laminate floor tile for the work surface. I was too lazy to call a kitchen counter shop and beg for a small scrap of laminate that would match....

For the drawer itself, I got a scrap of aluminum from work and one of the mechanics welded (tig?) the corners for me. I bought a short piece of clear oak for the drawer front and attached that to the aluminum box.

The finished product works great and fits in the space perfectly. When we take down for travel, the drawer goes on the floor ahead of the wheels.

I have pictures, but can't seem to post them...