TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-30-2003, 10:30 AM   #1
red_apache

Default New Member

Hello Everyone

New member here: I have been following this board for about a month now.  We will be purchasing a 2004 2619 from Custom RV in Anaheim, Cal in August.  We have some obligations to take care of before we order.  We plan on ordering around the first of August, with delivery expected about the middle of Sept.

I can't say enough about Matt at Custom RV, We spent two hours Saturday going over the 2004 2619 with him, too bad car salesman can't be like this, what an enjoyable experience we had!!

We will be towing our 2619 with a 2001 Suzuki XL 7 2.7 liter V6
5:13 rear axle ratio.

Can't wait until Sept.

Jack & Gayle Hall
Old 06-30-2003, 11:54 AM   #2
CC_Turtle

Default Re: New Member

Hi,

we just put $500 down on a 2720SL... and we can't wait either!  we also bought ours from Matt and Scott in Anaheim.. they were great.. we went 3 times before deciding... ours in coming 3-6 weeks.. i feel like a kid before christmas!

Old 06-30-2003, 12:29 PM   #3

Halls,

I am leaving Wednesday from Phoenix to visit Matt at Custom. I am looking and considering the 2619. May I ask what kinda of options and deal he gave you? He has basically told me to add my options on and then he'll take an addional 15% off the negotiated price. Is this how it went for you guys. Nice to have your inputs and the Turtles input too.
Thanks
Old 06-30-2003, 01:52 PM   #4
red_apache

You got a better deal than he offered us.  He offered us 12% off of the MSRP with options ?
You mention 15% off of "negotiated" price? That's different than then the MSRP.
The negotiated price could be 5 to 10% below MSRP and then he is offering 15% off that price?
That's a big difference!
As far as options, we are going with the roof A/C, microwave in place of the oven, brake controller, WDH hitch installed
stove cover,awning, TV antenna/amplifer I think that is just about all the options offered other than the swing away hitch.
We haven't finalized or signed on the dotted line, so we may re-negotiate for the 15% off like he has offered you.  
Old 07-01-2003, 03:59 PM   #5
shunter917
Site Sponsor

I know that everyone who buys a TM thinks their dealer is the best, but Custom  RV is really the greatest.

I had never used a WD hitch before and they showed me how.  When I didn't think the WD worked well enough, they suggested air springs. I'm so glad they did. I'll never tow again without them. Gave me better gas mileage - towing or not.

Scottie does incredible wood working. He designed the unit with the slide out dinette. If that had been available when we were buying, we would have gotten that vs the 3023 we did get (not that we don't LOVE our 3023).

Whatever deal you get from them will be a good deal, believe me.
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:25 PM   #6
red_apache

I agree with you. Matt and Scott are great. We have never been treated this good by a dealership of any kind, and I'm sure we will be treated fairly. I was just a little surprised by the other poster being offered 15% discount off of a "NEGOTIATED" price.  Maybe there is some misunderstanding
and the "NEGOTIATED" price is the 15% discount. I feel lucky that the prices are discounted at all, if this were the new car industry they would be marking them up beyond MSRP, because of how well they sell.

We were going to go with a WDH also, do you think that air shocks can be used in place of a WDH ?

Old 07-02-2003, 01:21 AM   #7
CC_Turtle

I was also surprised by the 15% discount offered.. i was offered 11%.. and matt/scott stated that the 11% was their show discount and wouldn't go higher than that..

anyways.. we have been very happy with matt/scott.. very helpful.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:12 AM   #8
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

All you guys contact those dealers and tell them we need some cash to keep the website going.  $100 per year subscription for dealers, best money they can spend.   See the alrighty then and related topics.
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 01:10 PM   #9
Chris_Bauer

Boy, you Americans really know about marketing.  Now that's an idea I like.  If I were a dealer (which I really am considering) I would be more than glad to pay a small fee to cover the cost of such a great website.

GREAT IDEA!!!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 02:40 PM   #10
efelker

GV:

What a great idea -- dealers help fund the website. How many times have I read on this site "... just put a down payment on my new 2619, 2033, etc."? On the "Alrighty Then" thread, Happytrails spoke of the importance of word of mouth advertising. (Bill the Bogwon will have to forgive me if I take his claim to wordiness in what follows).

What I've observed on this site goes way beyond word of mouth. I've studied marketing psychology and what strikes me about the folks on this site is that they have become "cult-like" (and that's not a criticism). The closest product analogy I can think of is VW Beetles. We bought them. We loved them, even though they were under-powered and we had to drive with one hand in the winter because our other hand was scraping ice off the INSIDE of the windows. We tinkered with them, constantly -- I was out there in the driveway with my continuity light adjusting the points and timing it every two weeks (best tuned car I ever owned, & I'm still buying VWs). We changed the oil every 1000 miles. We tinkered with them, and bought them doodads from JC WHitney. It ceased being transportation, and became part of our persona.

Same thing going on here. If you guys and gals aren't camping in it, it's open in the driveway and you are tinkering. One of my checklists took all the suggested improvements on this site and compiled them -- there's over a hundred of them. Advice to newbies just considering a TM are filled with a passion way beyond just that of a customer happy with a product. The fact that this site exists without any support from the TM company or its dealers clearly indicates the passion. I've been on the Open Roads Forum and I've read posting from "mainstream RVers" complaining about TMers singing the TM apostolic praise. How many people drive half way across the country to buy their TM? Look at KLSD above -- driving from Phoenix to Custom in CA to buy one. What other product in the US do you see that happening with? Remember the old Camel cigarette ads -- "I'd walk a mile for a camel."

TM and its dealers have a great thing going here, and I hope they appreciate it. We haven't bought ours yet (this spring). I had been looking for quite a while. Had completely decided on a Sunline. Absolutely superb quality. Visited the factory. Began negotiating with a dealer in PA near the factory in Dallas PA. Got the price down to $15000 with all the options.

Then my wife saw the TM on the HGTV show this spring while she was visiting our daughter in Tampa. She called me and told me to check it out. I went to the TM site, and my impression was "Interesting, but not compelling." I was still sold on the Sunline, even though we'd have to buy a new tow vehicle. Then one night I found you folks while surfing, and after reading about "the product" from the viewpoint of the owners, you slowly but incidiously changed me. So when TM and the dealer I buy it from makes their profit off me this spring, they both need to thank you all, because this site influenced me to spend what will be about $24000 for something I was going to get for $15000, and would have been perfectly contented with that decision.

Long way to get to the end of this, but I'm one story in the naked city. But what I've seen on this site is my story has many replications, and everytime this story is told, the cash register rings in Lake City TN and at one of its dealers.

Ed