TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Default Gas discounts and Flying J - Pilot RV discounts

Every probably already knows this but just in case:

Pilot merged with Flying J a while back -- I have had a Flying J, RV discount card for a few years, and I just discovered that I can also use it at Pilot travel centers.

Only .02 discount on gas but every little bit helps i guess. With it you also get a discount to use their dump stations (which sigh, used to be free)

Tim
Old 01-11-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Tim,

Tell me more...on this rv card as we stop at both in our travels. Does this include access to their internet or is that extra.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

scrubjaysnest,

They don't mention internet access so i guess it's not free, i have not tried accessing the internet from one of their locations.

As far as i know, pretty much the only benefits are gas and dump discounts. If anyone is still holding a Flying J R.V. Real value Member card it can be activated on-line and used in their new combined program. Looks like any new members have to get the new cards at any Pilot/Flying J store.

For any more info about this:

http://www.frequentfueleradvantage.com/default.aspx

Tim
Old 01-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Default Gas Discounts?

Just wondering if anyone here knows of any gas discount programs out there?

The only ones that i know of are:

Walmart (with gas station) -- use a Walmart gift card or a Walmart Credit card

Sams Club -- Membership required

Kroger (with gas station) -- Free Plus Card

Pilot/Flying J -- Free RV Card

-----

I have separate POI's for the locations of each of these loaded into my Garmin Nuvi GpsR so that i can hopefully find one when needed in my travels.

Tim
Old 01-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Also:

Costco - membership required
Safeway (with gas station) - free membership required

And there are a host of credit cards that can offer a very substantive discount (maybe 10%), especially if you are going on a long trip for a few months. Typically the best discount is an introductory offer.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
Joseph

Question Gas rebate cards?

This might be a little off the topic, and might need to be under its own post but you got me to thinking…. Once upon a time Discover had a credit card that would give you a 5% off per gallon price at any pump anytime of the year. They no longer have that. ( It only works in July, August and September at last check and only if you sign up for it. ) It was nice while it lasted. Especially on a summer road trip and especially if you paid the bill at the end of every month to avoid the interest charge. Nearest I can get to it now is a Shell MasterCard that gives you 5% off per gallon on any Shell gas. However since Shell usually costs a little bit more than average anyway it is not always a deal. Was wondering if any of you know of any better gas rebate cards or are they becoming a thing of the past. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I remember reading about a credit card offered through AAA for gas rebates...it was at least 5%, and I'm nearly positive it was year round. It may have even been 10%, at least for the first few months, because I seem to recall I was going to save about $150-$175 on our 7,000 mile road trip where we often spend $1500-$1700 in fuel. I didn't get it though, as a one-time $150 in savings isn't enough to motivate me to get a new credit card.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Winn Dixie gives a discount when you buy groceries for Shell gasoline. You have to use the cents off within the calendar month or lose it. I have gotten as much as 20 cents off per gallon...but I usually shop at Publix grocery store.

In Maryville, Missouri the local Hi Vee grocery store competes with the Walmart...they have money off their gas price if you shop in the store...except when it is football season. Then if the local College team North Western Missouri state wins...you get the price off per gallon that is the difference in the score between the two teams provided North Western Missouri State wins. It makes it fun. If they lose ...the difference I think goes down to 5 cents off...unless they decide to offer more off then Walmart.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote