TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-28-2006, 08:36 AM   #1
Debian Dog

Talking 1st trip this weekend!

A RV friend told me about a concert at Rockahock this weekend and Deb is dying to "break-in" the new TM. I asked her last night if she wanted to go this weekend being it not be bitter cold or anything and she said "yes, make the reservations". It is close to the house and I will know folks there so it should be a good time.

Putting my checklist together now
Old 03-06-2006, 08:07 AM   #2
Debian Dog

Well the trip went well! took a few pictures for those interested It was a bit windy but we had a nice time.

Almost felt like a "pro" setting up... being we practiced in the driveway a few times. As many other TM owners know setting up your rig attracts attention and one lady stood there and watched from time we pulled in till the sides went up. As we were locking in the sides in, I shouted over, "How did you like that?". She gave me the thumbs up.

The only "problem" I had was lining up the ball onto the hitch so the little latch would close. What is the trick with that? Cussing a lot did not seem to help.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:23 AM   #3
Speckul8r
TrailManor Master

Dan, I usually stop a hairs breadth short of where the hitch would drop cleanly onto the ball. Then, while I'm lowering the hitch, the forward part of the hitch is sliding over the forward face of the ball. This allows enough clearance at the rear of the ball so that the latch doesn't bind. If I do go back tooo far and the latch doesn't want to close, I'll just pull the TV ahead a tad and it frees it up enough to close, no problemo.

Did that make any sense??
Speckul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:26 AM   #4
Debian Dog

Actually it did. The 2nd time I read it Thanks!
Old 03-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #5
BobRederick

Dan & Deb
I use a device called "hitching poles" from Camping World. They are 2 light fiberglass poles, each with a magnet on one end. One magnet holds an upright pole on your hitch ball, the second holds an upright pole on the front of the trailer hitch. Align them in the rear view mirror as you back and you will be dead on center. When the pole on the ball tips over, you are now over the ball and ready to lower the camper tongue. Works great for me and saves a whole lot of strain on family relationships for a mere $20!