TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-16-2002, 01:57 AM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re: 2720SL TM Wish List

Quote:
Bill,

I doubt there would be much of a need to run 30 amps
when the TM was closed. What I had in mind from the original post was more of an extension cable port that could carry say 10-15 amps power to the refer and maybe to charge the battery. This would mean you could go with a smaller diameter cable which would make it lighter and easier to route.

Wade
Wade -
You are right, there is no need to run 30 amps. Ten would certainly be sufficient. But what would be the electrical connections? How would you connect (electrically, not mechanically) a smaller cable to the existing wiring? It would be extremely dangerous to have both cables connected to the wiring at the same time. There would have to be some kind of enclosed switch, to connect only one at a time. Such switches certainly exist, but they are big and expensive. I should have been clearer - this is one of the solutions I considered too elaborate or too expensive. That's why I restricted myself to thinking about access via the 30-amp cord only. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 03:09 AM   #12
Bruce

One thing I should have mentioned in my directions on hooking up a water tank fill adapter is to clamp all the fittings from the drain valve up to the tank. The pressure from the water supply system running through the small 1/4" drain valve puts a strain on the barbed fittings and the tubing could pop off and spray water inside the cabinet.
 I usually only open the water valve part way so as not to put the full force of the supply water pressure on the drain system. As I said it takes about 8 minutes to fill the tank this way.
  There are 2 drain valves under the front of our TM, one small drain for the tank and a larger one for the pump. Be sure to hook up to the valve for the tank and not the one for the pump. I do not know what the consquences of putting 40 or more lbs of water pressure on the drain side of the pump would be!
  It's possible that the rate of flow through the drain valve is determined by the size of the vent rather than the size of the drain valve & tubing in which case having a larger valve & tubing would not speed up the process?

Bruce
Old 08-18-2002, 12:21 PM   #13

I don't think you would want the trailer plugged in when it is folded down. In the down position, the wardrobe is right next to the converter, and I think the lack of air flow could cause it to overheat. Isn't there a kill switch anyway that prevents this when the bathroom walls are folded down?
Old 08-18-2002, 01:27 PM   #14
oilspot

The newer ones may have a kill switch, but my 1996 does not. However my 1996 is equipped with a fan that thermostatically operates when the converter gets warm. So far it seems to work okay (I hear it cycle on an off during camping trips or maintenance work in the driveway).