TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
Queeniereads

Default Select Comfort info.

I know that many of you own Select Comfort beds, from having monitored this group for a long time. A friend called me today and told me that her older model Select Comfort was giving her allergies a problem and she found out it was full of mold and mildew in the chambers. Another friend had the same problem and when I opened mine, sure enough -- there was mildew. THe company is replacing the affected parts and requires that you return the bad parts for inspection. But, if you are allergic or asthmatic, this is the best thing to do. All of the newer models have mildew inhibitors in the fabrics and parts, but we bought ours in 1999 and our friends got theirs in 2000. So, look inside. THis was just meant as a help -- not a complaint becuz we LOVE our Select Comfort!!!!!! Would never trade if for anoything else and would buy another if we ever get another truck and can de-mothball our TM. Kindest regards to all of you and please think of us as you pull out in your TMs for your first trip of the season. We miss it!!! Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 04-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
Deb & Dick

Default Select Comfort in TM?

I never heard so much about Select Comfort beds until I began to hang out in camping forums.

Is it possible to use select comfort in a TM?

Deb
Old 04-16-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
ragmopp

We bought our Select Comfort bed over 10 years ago. So I suppose it would fall into the category you mentioned. Our bed does not have a clear bladder. So how do you tell if it there is anything in it?

Mike Anderson
Old 04-16-2007, 10:03 AM   #4
Queeniereads

THe issue is not what is inside the bladder. THe mold appeared on the gray foam and on the surface of the bladder that touched the foam. You do not need to look inside the bladder. Queen
Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 AM   #5
Queeniereads

Re using a Select Comfort in a TM. We understand that the plastic corner pieces and the foam are too high for the TM. We have agreed to try it out sometime since we already use foam and a pillowtop mattress pad on our TM bed. We do not think stretching the fasteners on the TM is a good idea, but I guess we do it a bit anyway. We cannot open our unit right now becuase we have no tow vehicle and no room in the city driveway. But, we are going to try it when we can. I remember the TM mattress as being 4 inches and the SC air bed as 7 -- not sure. YOu can read lots of messages from archives on this topic through the past several years. Queen