TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
jpcoll01

Default Tumbling Waters Campground and Trout Pond, Almond, NC

Close to Tsali Mountain Bike and Horse trails and the Nantahalla river in Western NC this privately owned and operated campground is awesome. It doesn't have wireless internet, a playground, or a pool but it does have a mountain stream running right behind your campsite that kids (and adults) can play in, it is crystal clear and cold cold cold. The bath house was always immaculate and they even provide fresh clean rugs for each bather to take into the shower, it was a nice touch. If you want to catch some trout they are $3.50 a pound and they will clean them for you and you can even cook them up right there after you are finished, talk about fresh. The trout are raised on site. If you are anywhere near the area or just want a getaway in the mountains, this is the place to stay.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
FightinIrish

I agree, my wife and I and our lab Buckley stayed there for Thanksgiving last year. Although it was cold and the trout pond was closed, it is a nice out of the way, no frills campground. Did I mention out of the way, it is in the stix but that is what we were looking for. Also, a site to see nearby is Fontana Dam.