TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #101
E&JOut

Default Now it is 2012

First, thanks to all of the participants that contributed to this posting,

I have read the full history from 2005-2010. Fast forward to 9/2012 and I am wondering if anyone has additional comments on fit, finish or overall quality. I get the refrigerator limitations and concept of the TV charging an in-tow battery. However, general wiring limitations weaknesses and other apparent quality issues (screws falling out) seem a little out of place on a $25-$30K purchase. I am considering the Model 2720SL or Model 3124KS, but am very open to opinions. It’s just me and the spouse unless Grand kids come with.

Any thoughts or insights are appreciated.

Ed
TV 2010 Silverado CC 4X4 5.3L, GVWR 7K, GCWR 15K
Old 09-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #102
moaboy

Am sitting on the beach in my TM now. Ease of towing is amazing and I can store it in my garage. So for me the trade offs are well worth it.
Two weeks ago I was at the big RV show in Hershey, and I came to the conclusion- as I looked around - I definitely made the correct choice.
And my gas mileage on relatively flat terrain was barely affected as I towed from PA to VA/NC border.
On this trip 3 adults.
No RV is perfect, but this sure works for us.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #103
PopBeavers

I have three screw that keep coming loose. Two in the oven that hold up the flat plate above the burner. The other one is for the trim of the water heater door. One of these days I will add a tooth pick or some caulk. For the moment I tighten them once a year.

I had a weld trigger a frame crack. This was repaired under warranty. The design has since been changed.

The awning fabric tore in a light breeze, not a light wind. That is a Fiamma design flaw in my opinion.

The edges of the Formica could be sanded a bit more smoothly to eliminate the small ridge that can result in a chipped edge. This is a TM fit and finish issue.

Otherwise, it meets all of my expectations. 2005 TM 2720 that is now 7 years old. I am the original owner. Some day someone is going to get a good deal when I decide to sell it.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #104
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Jess -

You are a newcomer, so you need to keep in mind that high among the list of purposes, this is a problem-solving forum. That means that you will hear about most of the problems that people have over the years, but you won't hear about most of the non-problems and wonderful experiences.

Don't get discouraged when you read about problems and their solutions. And occasionally it is worthwhile to check in on some of the other RV-oriented forums, and hear about some REAL problems! They all have 'em.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #105
rumbleweed

I have several friends with larger more expensive blinged out RV and trailers and everyone of them is envious of the number and size of the TMs windows which create an open bright living space.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #106
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

E&JOut, while it may seem like too many issues with an RV of this price, my folks have had two travel trailers and a $165,000 motorhome over the last 10 years. Each of those have had more issues than our TM, and most of the other TM owners in this thread. No matter how much you spend, there will be a few issues.

I would not let that discourage you at all, since everyone I have spoken to, owning all manner of RVs, has had issues, regardless of price. I met the owner of TM this year at a local RV show (he approved the steal-of-a-deal I got on my 2417!), and I let him know about some of my issues with workmanship. He was very attentive, and admitted he was not as familiar with manufacturing as he was with sales. He promised he would go through the factory and get the workmanship improved. Hopefully, he did. Seemed like he really wanted to improve them any way he could.

Get a TM, and you will be very happy!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #107
Joseph

Default Theodore Roosevelt, The Man in the Arena-April 23, 1910.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #108
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

thank you joseph
i was sitting here thinking , mybe we need a thread like
(what is right with trailmanor)
but i think that is better than anything i could have rambled on about ,

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #109
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Joseph -

I love it. Thank you.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #110
T and C
TrailManor Master

Another thing to keep in mind about screws coming out etc., is that while travelling down the road an RV is shaking and bouncing constantly. I have no idea how many shakes they get, but it must be several hundred thousand per year.

What would your house be like if you shook it up and down a few hundred K?

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote