TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #101
Scottie Dogs

[QUOTE=meriflower;87214]
Quote:
Originally Posted by moaboy View Post
Gotta admit, I did not see this one coming even after HiLO bit the dust.

QUOTE]

Well I have a Hi-Lo but did look at TMs and find them unique. Came to see what was new in the world of TM and was saddened to be reading this! For those of you who may be interested, some good news (if it's true!) for Hi-Lo, it may be coming back. There has been a poster on the Hi-Lo forums that they have bought Hi-Lo (branding, blueprints, etc). So I'm hoping for good news for both TM and Hi-Lo in the future!
Lets all hope for the best, we live in tough times, so if both can come back that would be so wonderful!

Dave

Old 09-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #102
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

[/QUOTE]

Keeps life interesting. . . I still need a cabintet for over the stove- if anyone has any ideas (my carpentry skills aren't up to the challenge) or if someone could send me the measurements (and photo) I might be able to find someone local to build somthing similar. Or if any dealer has one please let me know. The better half has decided she needs one and you know how that goes....happy trials! I mean Trails! [/QUOTE]

I had my cabinet for over the stove built by Lowes. It cost me about $110 and it works and fits perfectly on top of the wall cabinet for travel.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/297...41466656uPLEZo &

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/251...41466656jpvfPR
2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Old 09-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #103
Goodyear Travels

Default On feeling victomized

Of course I was saddened to read all the posts regarding the closure of the factory. I especially felt compassion for the factory workers, the dealers, and those folks who need to resolve warantee issues. I felt sorry for myself, too, -- since we're even more upside-down with our investment in our '07 2720sl -- which we acquired new in late '06.
But you know, we've already had 34 wonderful adventures in our TM and enough memories to fill a book. We're making a conscious choice not to play scary movies in our head about all of this. We're just going to hookup and head down the road as often as can and create even more magic. We're grateful our TM is sitting in the garage waiting for us. We'll change what we can & let go of the rest. We'll only make ourselves suffer if we do otherwise. Make a decision to make your own magic. Don't let this economy or a factory closure rob you of your joy. Time to make lemonade. Best wishes to everyone in our TM family.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:54 AM   #104
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

I need one too. And I couldn't build a boy-scout birdhouse with directions on the box.
Quote:

Gotta admit, I did not see this one coming even after HiLO bit the dust.

Keeps life interesting. . . I still need a cabintet for over the stove- if anyone has any ideas (my carpentry skills aren't up to the challenge) or if someone could send me the measurements (and photo) I might be able to find someone local to build somthing similar. Or if any dealer has one please let me know. The better half has decided she needs one and you know how that goes....happy trials! I mean Trails!

2003 3124KS drug by 2001 1500 2WD Suburban
Old 09-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #105
klv5920

Wink Court records

Anyone familiar with court records should be able to find a notice if TrailManor has filed a Chapter 13 or bankruptcy.
No matter. I feel for the employees who are out of work! This area doesn't have much opportunity for finding employment unless they drive to Knoxville.
And, if it is true that this company has shut down, their suppliers are feeling the pinch also since the items needed for this trailer are specialty made just for TrailManor. That means the possibility of other workers out of jobs!
Domino effect!!
There could also be many other events causing this situation.
Hoping for the best for everyone. Current TM owners will survive! We know how to make do and with the aid of this forum, there is always someone with the knowledge and experience to help out!
We have a great family here!!

Karen

Old 09-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #106
moaboy

Thanks Scottie Dogs and Civil War Buff for the info on the cabinet for over the stove. I did not know Lowe's did that kind of custom work. What department was it and were they able to do it because they had someone to make it or do you think they may offer that service/product at other stores? (It looks great by the way.)

I think I will head down to to the Amish area around Lancaster and find me a cabinet maker...they say that necessity is the mother of invention....

If I find a particularly good one, I'll let you know.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #107
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Keeps life interesting. . . I still need a Cabinet for over the stove- if anyone has any ideas (my carpentry skills aren't up to the challenge) or if someone could send me the measurements (and photo) I might be able to find someone local to build something similar. Or if any dealer has one please let me know. The better half has decided she needs one and you know how that goes....happy trials! I mean Trails!
Here you go.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050402 (Small).JPG
Views:	328
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	6504   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050403 (Small).JPG
Views:	313
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	6505   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050404 (Small).JPG
Views:	319
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	6506   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050405 (Small).JPG
Views:	309
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	6507   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050406 (Small).JPG
Views:	310
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	6508  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050407 (Small).JPG
Views:	388
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	6509   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050408 (Small).JPG
Views:	394
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	6510   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050409 (Small).JPG
Views:	384
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	6511  
Old 09-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #108
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb&Tim View Post
Here you go.

Tim
Tim, did you add the metal strip along the bottom or did it come like this?

Moaboy, Lancaster is not that far away from D.C., so you may want to let them know that if you're happy with the results, they may have LOTS of business from the numerous TM owners around the country.

This is one of the best forums that I'm a member of!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #109
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

It came like that.

Tim
Old 09-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #110
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Interesting... Not sure of the purpose.

Thanks!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread