TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #11
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Earlier in the economy down-turn people were turning to the RV and camping vacations as a cheaper alternative than say loading the whole family on a plane to see Mickey Mouse. Then when more people lost their job or had to take a much lower paying job, it got to the point that folks could not even afford the camping trips.

I’m no expert in how the RV/Trailer industry works but I bet there needs to be a base amount of staff necessary to make a new unit and holding some inventory like refrigerators and AC units still costs money when things are not selling.

This is sad news because the plant holds many experts and highly skilled people who have been there a long time for such a unique unit like the folding trailer line of TrailManor. Companies can pull out of a re-org but things are often not the same. They need an infusion of money and perhaps more or new investors too.

Things are not good out there. It doesn’t matter how good a company like TrailManor is, if folks are not buying new units or needing expensive repairs, they can’t keep the lights on. This economy needs to turn around. Be careful who you vote for in 2012.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #12
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

I talked to a couple of TM dealers yesterday. During our conversations, I made the observation that the TrailManor product line is wonderful for those who like the combination of benefits it provides, but that they are a very expensive low-volume niche product (when compared to other trailer lines) and that a customer "must really be looking for one" in order for the dealer to make a sale when a prospect shows up at their lot. Both were quick to agree.

2003 3124KS drug by 2001 1500 2WD Suburban
Old 09-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #13
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

Just talked to one of the factory reps who I know personally to find out if some parts coming to me under warrantee were on their way. I asked him about the reorg and he told me that a new investor has bought into the company and when that happens all the books are opened up and gone through but that it is business as ussual. So that was one of the reasons for the shutdown and the labor day closure at the same time. Hope that will quiet some fears. He will call me back later today about the parts I"m getting and I will update the rest of you if there is any other news.

Hans & Riet

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Old 09-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #14
fairchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwantau View Post
Just talked to one of the factory reps who I know personally to find out if some parts coming to me under warrantee were on their way. I asked him about the reorg and he told me that a new investor has bought into the company and when that happens all the books are opened up and gone through but that it is business as ussual. So that was one of the reasons for the shutdown and the labor day closure at the same time. Hope that will quiet some fears. He will call me back later today about the parts I"m getting and I will update the rest of you if there is any other news.

Hans & Riet
Why in the world wouldn't they put that on their answering machine!

Old 09-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #15
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

The reps exact personal observation that they should have put something on their website or phone message

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Old 09-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #16
clown9644

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
This website is becoming more valuable by the minute. Perhaps this reorganizing will show us how much we need each other and this site.
Well Countrygirl it also shows a problem we may have, along with the Trailblazers. Both rely on the Trailmanor web page and even to collect the dues for the blazers. Those in charge of this group and the blazers may need to come up with an alternate plan, and quick. I hope there is not an issue, but one never knows!!

Old 09-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #17
kempert
Site Sponsor

Smile Chill!

Folks, there's nothing to see here so please move along.
Please do not overreact to the unknown like "chicken little."
If someone bought into the company, why would they not want to make it work?

2008 2720SL - 7 cross-country trips so far + ventures into western Canada
2002 2720SL - 70,000+ miles before being retired to the farm
2015 Ford F150

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have." -- Author Unknown
Old 09-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #18
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown9644 View Post
Well Countrygirl it also shows a problem we may have, along with the Trailblazers. Both rely on the Trailmanor web page and even to collect the dues for the blazers. Those in charge of this group and the blazers may need to come up with an alternate plan, and quick. I hope there is not an issue, but one never knows!!
Dave,

Just a point of clarification: TrailBlazers is member owned club and is not affiliated with the factory. Check their website: http://home.comcast.net/~tmtrailblazers/ and you will note it is not part of the Trailmanor.com website - even though there is a link to the club. There is a listing of the Trailblazers Constitution under the "Misc. info" button on the left hand side of their website.

Dick
Albums
Old 09-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #19
clown9644

Wow Dick you are so right. I have no idea how I thought the check and membership form was mailed to Trailmanor. My bad and thanks for correcting it.
Dave

Old 09-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #20
Bluegrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempert View Post
Folks, there's nothing to see here so please move along.
Please do not overreact to the unknown like "chicken little."
If someone bought into the company, why would they not want to make it work?
Well, for one thing, I've never heard of a company shutting down while a new investor goes over the books as has been reported here. That's not the way it works. When a company closes "until further notice," it's because they are out of money.

Further, you **never** count on new investment until the money is in the bank. Too many ways it can go wrong. Tell us someone has bought into the company and I'll relax.

Short of other evidence, I think there is plenty of reason to be concerned.

Keith

Closed Thread