TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #21
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

looks like the curtains(I ordered in June) and my door latch may be in peril
Old 09-14-2011, 07:03 AM   #22
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown9644 View Post
... it also shows a problem we may have... [We] rely on the Trailmanor web page. Those in charge of this group may need to come up with an alternate plan, and quick.
While I would hate to have the factory go down, I'm not sure that it would present a huge problem for our Forum. The TMO Forum is a stand-alone organization, and is not connected with TrailManor in any way. And the TrailManor web pages are archived, so they would still be accessible.

Bill
Old 09-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #23
rumbleweed

Other than the frame, shells and a few options ( cabinets) most of the components are standard third party items so many repairs/replacements might not be a problem. If TM does not survive, I hope they will at least publish a list of all their suppliers by item so that their loyal customers can continue to enjoy their TM's. It might not be a bad idea to start a thread to collect that info from anyone who has had experience replacing items.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #24
Shandysplace

Default Value Drop If TM Folds

Does anyone have any idea how much the value of TMs would drop if the factory closes, particularly Elkmonts?

Old 09-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #25
clown9644

I can only reflect on my experience with my Cikira 16ft Classic Cruiser. I lost a little over $6000 off book. Yes I know I bought a 2008 in 2010 and that there is a huge hit when you drive off the lot. The only salvation is the seller of the TM had no idea what they had, they had no idea how to adjust the shells which were way out of adjustment and there was a minor leak on the roof. I let them do what they wanted with my trade in and plowed into them for the TM, getting it for about $7000 off book. I came out ok because of the dealer having trouble selling the TM where there was no dealer nor users I guess and they really wanted it off their lot. I worked on the issues for 3 days, had my local dealer adjust the shell and replace brakes, now I am making the TM mine with mods.
Dave

Old 09-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #26
Shandysplace

Default Straight From The Horse's Mouth

A couple of days ago I sent a link to this thread to our dealer, Matt Thacker of Custom RV, Anaheim and the West Coast Rep for TrailManor and asked him to comment. Below is his response verbatim:

You can tell everybody not to worry. TrailManor is still taking orders (although lead time has extended a couple of weeks) and we are ordering units for the Pomona show and for retail sales we have done in the past week or so. They also have a fairly decent backlog of units to be shipped to China in the coming year (12 have gone so far, 2 as late as yesterday from our lot to the port of Long Beach and the China dealer is estimating a lot more!). I would imagine parts shipments might be delayed as they finish their work up there. Reading the entire clip of the blog, it seems to have people in a frenzy. Bob has assured us to keep up the selling and the units will come shortly. I also think that most of the dealers have a pretty good inventory, so the couple of week slowdown in TN shouldn’t slow any of the dealers down as most of the east coast is slowing down because of the winter. It may only make our lead time in the west a tad bit longer through December or so.

Hope this puts everyone's mind at ease.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #27
Elidh11

You can tell everybody not to worry. TrailManor is still taking orders

That's a relief!

Old 09-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #28
rjlwork

We were just at the factory on the Friday morning before Labor Day! Got some parts from Eddie, had a nice talk with Ed and absolutely NO COMMENT about any of this ! The factory workers showed up early @ 6 am; we thought it was because of the holiday weekend. There were a couple of folding trailers on the floor in a mostly completed state. I hope this is a sign that a new investor is breathing cash into a wonderful line of trailers and we'll all have a happy future together !

Old 09-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #29
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

Just talked to one of the factory reps who I know personally to find out if some parts coming to me under warrantee were on their way. I asked him about the reorg and he told me that a new investor has bought into the company and when that happens all the books are opened up and gone through but that it is business as ussual. So that was one of the reasons for the shutdown and the labor day closure at the same time. Hope that will quiet some fears. He will call me back later today about the parts I"m getting and I will update the rest of you if there is any other news.

As I said in the previous thread that I would keep you informed if I knew anything else that came down the pipeline. Well I just got of the phone with the Nebraska TM rep would urged me to "Please feel free to pass on all the info he had given me and to please alay peoples fears about TM closing down. Here is what he told me.
Bob was having problems monetarily trying to keep the company afloat by himself and needed a investor to come in and this has happened. TM was loosing money. They are in the process of selling the extremely expsensive to run building, which was draining their cash, to the CPA investor and pumping the money back into the company and in the process have also located a much lower cost building that they would move into. All this takes a certain amount of time but that everything should be behind them in a month time, and the company would be up and running again. While this process was happening everybody on the factory floor was laid off so nothing was being produced or parts send out, but, and here is the but, the rep who told me that also asked me if there was alot of negativity starting to happen, and I said to a certain degree. He is going to contact Bob to urge him to get someone back into the parts side and start shipping out the back orders and maybe even new orders. So there you have it in a nut shell. The NB rep will contact me with any further update that comes down the line especialy if the parts start moving again . Hope this helps some of you and TM should be up and running again in a month.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Old 09-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #30
JoePK

Default Order

I was told yesterday they were doing inventory. I hope that's the "only" thing they are doing...

Closed Thread