TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2002, 04:01 AM   #1

Default TM Set Up and Ohio Owners

Hello,
  I just found this site and have really enjoyed reading until my eyes hurt. I have two initial questions;
1. Can one person raise the larger units by themselves safely??

2. Are there any TM owners in the southwest part of Ohio

Thanks and May God Bless
Bill
Old 09-10-2002, 12:38 PM   #2

Default Re: TM Set Up and Ohio Owners

I'm sure whether or not the larger campers could be opened by one person would depend on the person.  We have a 3023 and I can open the end with the a/c but my wife can't.  It is a little heavy at first but there does seem to be a technique involved.  It also seems to be getting easier to open the more we use it.  The TM's are great campers and we have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.  As far as owners in Ohio, I can't help.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:09 AM   #3
PAUL_R

:P2720 by myself...no problems.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:08 PM   #4
Gene

3326King, no problem opening it by myself.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:41 PM   #5

It should be easy to open, but if it isn't, you should be able to adjust it so it is.  

Ours used to be quite easy to open, but when we had the dealer do some work on it, they "adjusted" in such a way that it takes some effort to open it now.  I called the factory, and they said there was a counter weight that could be adjusted to make opening it easer again . We will be taking it back to the dealer so they can "adjust" it back.
Old 09-12-2002, 01:19 AM   #6
arknoah

We have a 3225 (they don't make 'em anymore, but it's a great model), and I can and usually do open it by myself all the time.  It takes a little effort in the beginning, but gets easier on the way up.  Having said that, I'm about 6 feet tall, average build and strength.  Ellen on the other hand, is 5' 7", and while she could probably lift either half by herself, it would take a lot more effort.  Maybe the next time we head out, I'll ask her to open the unit just to get a sense of how much effort it takes her.  

We live in Defiance, in Northwest Ohio, so we're probably a good distance away from you.  I think, however, that there is a TM dealer in Richmond, IN, and if you went there, you might see if they have any used units, including the names and addresses of the owners, so you could check out their units.
Old 09-12-2002, 01:37 AM   #7
spoutman
Site Sponsor

I have an 89 model 23, like a 3023 but 2 feet longer. I like on the west side of Cincinnati. I have only owned it for 9 months but I love it. I tows like a dream.

Spoutman
spoutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 09:01 PM   #8

Not Ohio, but in Kentucky near Louisville.  I bought my  TM in Cinncinatti at a dealer who didn't know anything about them.  We are about 2 hrs from Cincy.
Old 09-14-2002, 09:56 AM   #9

My wife and I have a 3124king  and I can easily open it by myself, and my wife can also...It might be also that it is new...Also we live in Columbus Ohio ...We have yet to see another TM in any of the Campgrounds(besides our own) . We are so looking forwards to next summer, we joined the Trailblazers club,and we are going to try to go to one of their events...Enjoy  your TM's ankeep on campin...