TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #1
justpeachee

Default Toilet paper question

Sorry for the personal nature of this question, but what kind of tp should we use in the TM? I tried doing a search and I found one person who said to use regular, non fluffy, toilet paper like Scott. Another one said to use the special rv toilet paper. Obviously getting Scott would be much easier, but I want to know, from experience, if I should get the rv type. (As much as I say I will try not to use the toilet too much, I know with 2 kids we will be using it!)
Thanks!
Old 02-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #2
PopBeavers

We use the RV paper. A package of 4 rolls lasts about a year. I mostly use the campground restroom, except in the middle of the night. DW mostly uses the TM.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
Freedom

You might find this thread interesting: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...t=toilet+paper
It seems the COSTCO Kirkland brand works just fine and it's a LOT cheaper!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #4
justpeachee

Thanks for the info!
Old 02-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
Senorsedona

Talking Tp

I have used, for many years, a good brand of single ply, I have never had a problem. Why make someone rich?

Good luck

Jack
Old 02-10-2007, 10:55 PM   #6
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
You might find this thread interesting: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...t=toilet+paper
It seems the COSTCO Kirkland brand works just fine and it's a LOT cheaper!
Any TP that is labeled as "septic tank safe" is good to use in an RV. This kind of TP breaks down easier than those that are not recommended for septic systems. We have a septic system in our home and use Kirkland brand there, and just load a few extra rolls in the trailer before we leave home. ;-)
Old 02-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
sharken

Default Why use campground facilities?

If you have a bathroom in the Trailmanor, why are so many using the campground bathrooms most of the time? Am I missing something?
Old 02-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #8
Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharken View Post
If you have a bathroom in the Trailmanor, why are so many using the campground bathrooms most of the time? Am I missing something?
If we pay for a campground that has nice showers and bathrooms why use the one on board and have to dump it. Most of the time we don't even charge the toilet until we need/have to. Many trips it's never even used. Maybe we're lazy - We don't have a dump station close to where we live so we dump at a rest area before we come home. Almost everywhere we camp there are nice restrooms since most of the time we go to Thousand Trails, NACO, Leisure Time Resorts. The places we "dry camp" are either state campgrounds or Wal-Mart and those only if there's no campground available. We like having the bathroom available if we need it, but will continue to use the campground facilities if available. YMMV
Old 02-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #9
PopBeavers

If we only use the toilet at night then DW and I can go for 4 days without dumping. So if I go for a week and don't have hookups this becomes an issue.

In two years we have had hookups twice. The other 16 times we did not have hookups.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Just so the discussion doesn't become too one-sided:

Even when we have hookups, my wife and I use the TM toilet and the TM shower EXCLUSIVELY! Schlepping across the campground in my bathrobe and bunny slippers, to go to an already-wet and soapy shower stall, and maybe wait in line to get one, kinda gags me.

YMMV, of course.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote