TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Question rear shell, INTERIOR lights don't work

outside, the running lights and brake lights are fine. But inside, the overhead lights of the rear shell are all dead. (The rear bed, the hallway, the bathroom, and two overhead lights mounted on the rear shell, just behind the front-shell mounted A/C).

Fuse is good. And most strange of all, I unscrewed the safety switch under the bathroom door-- it's got 12V (13, actually), and properly goes to zero differential when I push the switch down. And even shorting the leads with the screwdriver doesn't turn the lights on.

Help!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

It sounds like a wire somewhere downstream of the switch has come disconnected.

To the best of my knowledge, the power wire is daisy-chained from one light to the next to the next. And of course, somewhere it is daisy-chained down to the LP gas detector. But I have no idea what the order of the daisy-chain is.

My best suggestion is to unscrew one light fixture at a time from the ceiling, pull the wires down out of the cavity, and determine which fixture has power at the daisy wire but not at the fixture.

The grounds are not daisy-chained.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Angry solved!

it's another case of "wire's weren't crimped strongly enough" at the connectors into the black exterior "cable" going up the exterior of the shell. Solved by re-crimping. (Access to these connections is behind the LOWER fridge vent panel).

Great advice above, however. The fact that ALL lights were dead was a big hint for me.