TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #21
rumbleweed

Still more secure and comfortable than a tent. Keep in mind that you know the mechanics of the TM. It would have been a little more difficult if you did not. You could also try a sign like this on the door.
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #22
purpleg

We left the keys inside our 2720sl and my husband had to break in to get them. Since we knew exactly where the seams were, he was able to stick his hand in over behind the refrig. But, he could have gotten through a window just as easily if he was a thief, just as in any camper. When we are using our trailmanor, I pile tote bags, computers, books and any other junk I happen to bring with me and put them on the vinyl flap behind the sofa to the wall. A lot of weight, the velcro does not give at all. As far as bugs and creatures, we've only had flies - which come in the door when we open it.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #23
Jim&Joan

Default Solution to easy entry...

While you're in it, a .45 can be a fun solution :-)
Old 09-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #24
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I'd like to put a deadbolt on ours, but I have another way of securing ours, as it has a pin that inserts into the door with a loop on top. I can either use a chain and a lock, or a cable lock, or a bike wheel lock.

I've always wanted to put a bolt lock on but I don't think it's worth the trip to the lock shop (or paying for a visit).

We don't have a lot of nice stuff either in the TM or at home (on purpose). I don't think anybody wants our stuff.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #25
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_A View Post
So, to test this hypothesis, I went out to my 2720SL and was inside in less than one minute! Through the end flap. The one with the twist latch on either end. I started the velcro loosening by curling my fingers under the velcro near the middle, and worked in both directions with both hands. Then reached in an released both latches. Stepped on the frame, stood up inside and popped in using a "western roll" onto the couch.

Less than one minute! Don't tell anybody, ok? That's a good reason for a big dog. Like mine.

Denny_A
A few years ago I went out to remove the draw bar from my truck. It was held in securely in the reciever by one of those hardened locks, the ones where you stick the key in the end and then turn the shaft around several times until the end with the key in it comes off.

As I attempted to do this I had a very hard time turning it. So, I sprayed some WD40 down the keyhole and went back to work. In the process I might have used a few terms I did not learn at Sunday school. After about 30 minutes of turning it a little at a time it came off like it was supposed to.

That is when I noticed that I was using the key for the back door on my camper shell. It was similar in shape, but definitely not identical.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #26
clown9644

As all of you worry about security, get together and match up keys. Nearly all outside storage cabinets use the same key (my dealer just reached up onto a key rack and handed my a new one without even looking at my lock) and there are not a whole lot of different keys that open the doors.
If you have stuff that you need to protect, install a safe. I put one under the sink that is big enough to hold valuables and things I do not want someone to get hold of when I am off to the showers and or pool.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:05 AM   #27
Jim&Joan

Default +1 on the safe

I installed a safe in my vehicle to secure things when not in the trailer. Makes it more versatile to us for the way we go about things. Mine is integrated in the console, Console Vault.

wallets, money, small electronics, etc. doesn't handle a laptop