TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
randyveach

Default Sink faucet change out

I would like to change out the sink faucet for an all metal faucet, instead of the plastic one in my TM. My question is this, if I remove the plastic faucet from my TM, can I find one in similar dimensions, and fittings, at any hardware store? I realize that the height of the faucet is limited due to the fold down of the TM.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:14 AM   #2
hal

Randy, I switched our faucet to a single lever faucet. While it was a task to do, it was well worth it. I have since switched out the faucet for several others. As I understand it, there are only two ways to access the plumbing. One is from under the sink and the other is to pull the hot water heater out. My hands are too large and my arms are short so I pulled the hot water heater out each time. (You could contact Ed Lytle at the TM factory for further info) I could write a lot about how convenient this set up is for saving your water supply. It is a god send for anyone having problems with their hands.

There are several faucets that will fit into the same holes as the original faucets. The key is to purchase a faucet in which the stubs are the same distance from each other (8"). Also, because the roof on each TM locks down and seals is at a different distance, a faucet can work ok on one TM but possibly not on another. Whenever this problem existed, people replace the lever with a shorter one.

I did make notes and write up plans when I did mine. Anyone can have thes plans by contacting me. ([email protected])
Old 10-25-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

My faucet is a little loose and I wondered if there was a slick way to get under there. Sounds like the answer is no
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #4
Magdefrau

I'm glad to here this as my kitchen spigit popped off one day. The nut thingy had split in half. I glued it together with super glue. This lasts for a while but would not stay together. I used a two part glue and have gone several months without a separation. I would like to put in a metal faucet so that I would never fight this problem again.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:28 PM   #5
hal

Bill, your hardware store has a tool for reaching up behind a sink. It has a long T-handled shaft (10-14") in length. The business end has an grooved hook that flops over depending on whether you are taking the nut off or tightening it. Usually the nuts are of the type that if you can get your hand up there, they are hand tightenable. They have larger than normal wings so that you can get leverage on it. I can send you my instructions that may help you in tackling this task. You could also look for someone that has long thing arms and strong fingers to reach up there from under the sink and inside the trailer.

I really don't think that you would need to remove the hot water heater. As I understand, the service men just reach up there with their hands.

Hal
Old 10-25-2006, 09:09 PM   #6
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Hal,
Thanks! I do own a basin wrench, I just couldn't see any way to get in there. With luck I will be camping over Thanksgiving and I will take the basin wrench and devote some time to trying it out.

If you get a chance, I would appreciate your sending the instructions.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:31 PM   #7
millsjack

Maybe yes
millsjack is offline   Reply With Quote