TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-02-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Default Atwood 3 burner stove/oven

I have been going through the threads, both searching and reading all. Have been unable to come up with this problem. After lighting the oven pilot; the pilot stays on fine until the oven reaches temp. When the burner cycles off the pilot goes out If you watch the pilot before the oven reaches temp., you can see the pilot flicker off and on. We have the same although older model in the other camper and I notice a much stronger pilot flame on it. Is there a way to adjust the size of the pilot flame?

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
surfandgolf

I don't have the oven in my TM, but it sounds similar to pilot problems on the fridge. It's generally fixed by cleaning the pilot tip with a wire brush and blowing it out, rust can build up and prevent good air/gas mixture.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
After lighting the oven pilot; the pilot stays on fine until the oven reaches temp. When the burner cycles off the pilot goes out
I've seen this. It seems that during the preheat, the pilot and the burner actually reverse roles - the burner is keeping the pilot lit, even though the pilot itself is intermittent for whatever reason.

I'm in agreement with Surf-and-Golf. Clean the pilot tip, which as noted tends to get a bit of rust on it. Then make sure that the thermocouple is properly positioned in the pilot flame (the usual term "bathed in the flame"). I think both are covered in the Atwood manual that came with your TM, or is available online.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote