TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2004, 02:08 PM   #1
Larry_Loo

Thumbs up 2 year follow-up on Velcro replacement

2 years ago my wife and I had to replace most of the original Velcro hook strips on the inside walls of our 1999 3124KS. As the adhesive on these original hook strips was failing, the strips were peeling off the walls. Initially we replaced them with Velcro strips purchased from a local hardware store. These replacement strips, however, began to peel off within 2 to 3 months. We then ordered 1" wide "Super-adhesive Nylon hook strips" from McMaster-Carr Supply Co. and applied these to the walls.

I am happy to report that 2 years later the Super-adhesive Nylon hook strips are still attached firmly to the inside walls of our TM. Only one short hook strip has a buckle near its middle where it has come away slightly from the wall. Here in our Central Valley of California our TM has been subjected to very hot summers and moderately cold winters - though we've tried to keep it stored in the shade of trees.

If you're contemplating replacing your Velcro strips, I'd recommend that you use the Super-adhesive Nylon Velcro strips. You shouldn't waste your time and money applying the "Industrial-strength Velcro strips" that are frequently sold in your local hardware and Big-box stores. Be sure to clean every bit of the old adhesive from the walls of your TM to insure the best bonding possible of your replacement strips.

Larry