TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Default Thetford parts

It appears that by adding the refill pkg 03947 and vent kit 05223 plus an external dump tank under the coach you could convert the recucling part to a more conventional mechanism including solids.

The only problem is that I have been unable to find a source for either part #, is there something later ? YWTK.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

In order to retrofit an external tank under the trailer, you would have to remove the existing plumbing, then you would have to re-route the grey water lines and dump valve. Not sure that would work without compromising ground clearance. There is an owner that retrofitted some 4 inch ABS pipe under his rig to act like a holding tank, but it didn't have a lot of capacity.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Am a little confused. If I roll a blue tank under the coach, connect the hose, and open the black valve while keeping the gray closed why would that not work when parked ? Not concerned about when travelling, suspect I can build a mount in front of the propane tanks to carry when moving since battery is in back. Add an indicator to know when near full and can then roll to dump place.

Suspect if I then add the powerfill adapter 03947 it would act very close to a conventional RV toilet.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

My bad! I misunderstood your intent. Many here use a blue boy tote and they mount them under the trailer when traveling.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:20 AM   #5
MisterP

The recirculating Thetford can never be used like a regular toilet. You have to let the tank fill, then dump it to the blue tote or holding tank. If you leave the Thetford valves open to the tote, solids will accumulate in the Thetford, because the toilet doesn't flush.

Even in our fifth wheel, we dumped once per week so the tank would fill and help eject solids, and the bigger problem, toilet paper.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:44 AM   #6
Padgett
TrailManor Master

OK but back to the original question: Does anyone know where I may buy a Theford Refill Pkg. #03947 aka 27440 ? Would also like a vent kit #05223 but the refill kit is the important part. I have not been able to find one online.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thet03947.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	9956  
Old 06-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #7
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

You do realize that (at least as is my understanding), the refill kit is simply intended to refill your Thetford from on-board plumbing directly, instead of using a bucket or the shower head, don't you? It dumps water directly into the Thetford reservoir.

In order to use this device in an attempt to make the Thetford function like a "regular" RV toilet, you would have to fill the Thetford with enough water to allow it to flush before each use. That requires about 2.5 gallons. You'd probably use 50 gallons before you ordinarily would have to empty the Thetford, and without full hookups, you have to carry that around in your blue tote.

But to answer your question directly, I have found Europe to be the place to get parts for the Thetford. It is actually made over here.....I believe in The Netherlands.

Vent kit:
http://www.bradtech.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/s...2ehtml#SID=116

I didn't see the refill kit there, but give them a call. I was just in Stafford yesterday.....

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote