TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #21
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

As I mentioned, I was prepared for two new bars. Will and his boys replaced one, but discovered that the second one had acquired a subtle bend that was easy to straighten. My guess is that the bend was there from Day 1, but I have no way to be sure. At any rate, Will did his best to keep the cost down, for which I was grateful.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #22
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I got the camper scheduled for the factory tuneup on May 19th. Will camp the night before at one of the three state parks that are from 2 miles to 30 miles away. Needing to be there at 8:00 AM; We might jut leave the camper hooked up, blocked as needed and the stabs down, if the site is somewhat level.

From what I understand. The tuneup includes:
- complete adjustment of the lift and lowering systems and lubing the different things of the system.
- cleaning the rust off the bars (under the camper) and re-painting them
- replacement of the 4 rubber close rest stops
- lubing the 4 stab jacks.
- inspection of the brakes and running lights.

There may be some other stuff. But $298 sounds like a good value to me?

I was told I could watch and as a DIY person that worth the money.

PS: conversation with the factory was very nice and helpful. They seem like an outstanding group of people.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #23
Williams6548

Art and Joyce,

We just got back from a factory tune-up this week. Ed was out and we worked with Brian. The tune-up includes all of the things you listed and plastic covers that were missing. They lubed bed slides and we can now push them in with one finger! I brought a list of things I wanted fixed or looked at and they worked hard to keep the additional costs minimal.

Getting there: if you haven't been there our Verizon GPS had us follow Queener Rd. off Rt. 6 through some very scenic and NARROW roads to McGhee Ln. We later found it is MUCH EASIER to turn right on Stone Mill Rd. off Queener Rd. by the apartment complex and then right on McGhee Ln.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:42 PM   #24
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Thanks for the directions. I hate it when the gps does that. No we never have been there. Look like it just a few mile off I-75. Did you camp around there the night before? We were thinking Norris Dam?

I did talk to Brian Thursday. I think Ed has.

I have one seal on the rear bunk that I think we are going to replace.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #25
Williams6548

We stayed at the KOA in Clinton, TN the night before, mostly because the state parks hadn't turned on the water in the showers. We generally prefer the state parks although the KOAs offer kid friendly items like pools and jump pillows. The Clinton KOA bathrooms were very clean but dated. There wasn't much green space in the camp grounds but we were only there one night.

We also stayed at Renfro KOA in Mt. Vernon, KY which broke the trip up (~5 hours from Cleveland and ~2 hours from TM factory). We liked that KOA (new bathrooms, more green space) and the surrounding areas like Renfro Entertainment Center (~1 mile from the KOA) and Berea, KY ~15 minutes up the highway. If you have kids, the putt-putt and jump pillow were a hit with ours.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #26
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Just got back from the factory to have the lift system adjusted.

We stayed at cove lake SP. We stayed at site 30 with a nice view of the lake. We were able to leave the camper attached and just need to rise the tongue jack an inch and put down the stabilizers.

The camper lifts so good now. One handed. We also pick up a few parts. Did a plant tour. Very nice visit.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #27
Tampajohn

I have an appointment June 16 for a tune up and other things to be done. We were there last year and they are great people to deal with.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #28
funpilot
TrailManor Master

They are working on a video to tune the torsion bars.
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:19 AM   #29
RejoiceWay
Site Sponsor

Before you leave be sure to take the time to check over everything yourself. We never had a problem closing the trailer until AFTER the tuneup. I used to do it myself, now my husband and I have difficulty closing it together. We have been on the road a month and when we get home will try to make some adjustments. Had the latches replaced and think they were not adjusted correctly. They also didn't fix some things on my list and we didn't notice until we were long gone.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:44 AM   #30
Tampajohn

Rejoiceway, Did you go to the factory in TN?