TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-17-2002, 12:45 PM   #1

Default TM cover for 3023

Has anyone bought a ready fit cover for a Class A, C, or Travel  Trailer and use it on their TM?  I see that the pop-up camper covers are too small.  It looks like from the Camper World catalog that they are too narrow and not long enough for the 3023.  They maybe long enough for other TM, however.  I was thinking of buying the best fitting ready made cover and cutting off one third of the bottom all the way around.  I could have the bottom finished somewhere.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:16 PM   #2
caremd99

Default Re: TM cover for 3023

We bought a good quality tarp and tied it with rope.  Assuming the 3023 is going to be stored in the collapsed postion and it is 6 ft high you need a tarp that is approx (6+8+6)=14ft X (6+23+6)=35ft.  The one we bought is a silver Heavy Duty 20x40 for ~$90 including shipping from www.tarps.com.  The 20 ft length is OK but the 40 ft length tends to be a little long.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:44 PM   #3

I found a company that will make custom RV covers, Trailmanors included.  They have a choice of materials.  I also found a review of this company from the Hi-Lo owners group.  The website for the custom covers is:

http://calmarkinc.com/calmark.htm

The website for the review of this company is:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...s/message/1380

Old 04-02-2003, 04:45 AM   #4

For what it is worth, I was told by Dinuba RV when I purchased our new Trailmanot, that it is best not to cover the trailer when stored.

Phil
Old 04-02-2003, 05:37 AM   #5
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
For what it is worth, I was told by Dinuba RV when I purchased our new Trailmanot, that it is best not to cover the trailer when stored.

Phil

Phil,

Who at Dinuba told you that?  Was it John or David?  I talked at length with David about this and it was generally agreed that as long as the cover breathes it will be OK. It's not like a pop-up in that respect.

I found that the Pop-up cover from Camping world will cover all but the bottom 2-3" of the sides, and that works just fine for me, FWIW I do cover mine and I have no regrets about doing that.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 08:40 AM   #6

Larry, it was Stan Isaac who told me not to cover the trailer. However, I should add that I live on the southern Oregon coast, and perhaps the high humidity here had something to do with his advice. I suppose another idea would be to cover just the roof to prevent it from getting so dirty.

Phil
Old 04-02-2003, 10:12 AM   #7
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Larry, it was Stan Isaac who told me not to cover the trailer. However, I should add that I live on the southern Oregon coast, and perhaps the high humidity here had something to do with his advice. I suppose another idea would be to cover just the roof to prevent it from getting so dirty.

Phil

Thanks Phil, yeah Stan is who sold me mine.  David is the Service Manager, and I would think that he has a more vested interest in the condition of the trailer, but I could be nieve too. :

I realize that the coast is a little (OK a LOT) more humid, but the cover like the one I have doesn't hold moisture in, so I still think it would be OK to cover it!  I think that I recall someone from this board even spoke to Danny at the factory and he said a breathable cover was OK.

Anyhow, moisture is a major concern and if you feel covering it would be a detriment that by all means don't cover it.  I like mine covered, but it IS a hassle to get the cover on and off, so there is that issue as well.
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:00 AM   #8

Cal Mark makes custom covers that are weather specific for your part of the country.  They will ask you what types of weather your TM will endure.