TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
Pagosa

Default TrailManor Tuneup

Just got back from TrailManor in Jacksboro,TN. Cant say enough about these guys. Dropped our TM off for the tuneup on 2-22 and picked it up around 1pm 2-23 and were camping by nightfall.
The best part of the tuneup for us was the torsion & suspension adjustment. It lifts so much easier now. We also picked up a complete set of window curtains and privacy curtains while we were there and a few other goodies I needed.
Thanks again to ED,Mike and all the team at TrailManor for the great service and attending to our needs promptly.

Pagosa
Old 02-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagosa View Post
Just got back from TrailManor in Jacksboro,TN. Cant say enough about these guys. Dropped our TM off for the tuneup on 2-22 and picked it up around 1pm 2-23 and were camping by nightfall.
The best part of the tuneup for us was the torsion & suspension adjustment. It lifts so much easier now. We also picked up a complete set of window curtains and privacy curtains while we were there and a few other goodies I needed.
Thanks again to ED,Mike and all the team at TrailManor for the great service and attending to our needs promptly.

Pagosa
Where did you spend the night of the 22?
Old 02-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
jimair1548

We too had a tune-up at the trailmanor factory on the 7th of Feb. ( they told us we were their first tune-up and they were very intent on making it a success!) we arrived at 7:30am, talked with Ed, Eddie, and Mike about what needed to be done, and left. Had lunch, went back about 1:30p and they were finished. It went very well...had the torsion bars adjusted, the kitchen faucet replaced (not an easy job....access) and then a general check of the rest of the rig. Everyone was great! Would reccomend it to all.
We spent the night before the tune-up at Cove Lake State Park (2 miles from the factory and just a 1/4 mile off I-75) The park was very nice, hardly anyone there....winter time, you know. The park was very clean, had about 80 sites, and the warmest restrooms we have encountered in the cold season. At the entrance, on park property, was a VERY good BBQ (they had other things, as well) It was not a "hole in the wall" type place,... clean and neat. From 6:30p until 8P was live entertainment (Bluegrass). It too was very good. We live about 4 1/2 to 5 hours from Jacksboro, Tn., so it was a 2 day trip for us....and a very pleasant one....jim
jimair1548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
moaboy

Good to hear that TM service is back in the "groove."
Makes for, well, happy campers...!
Old 02-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimair1548 View Post
We too had a tune-up at the trailmanor factory on the 7th of Feb. ( they told us we were their first tune-up and they were very intent on making it a success!) we arrived at 7:30am, talked with Ed, Eddie, and Mike about what needed to be done, and left. Had lunch, went back about 1:30p and they were finished. It went very well...had the torsion bars adjusted, the kitchen faucet replaced (not an easy job....access) and then a general check of the rest of the rig. Everyone was great! Would reccomend it to all.
We spent the night before the tune-up at Cove Lake State Park (2 miles from the factory and just a 1/4 mile off I-75) The park was very nice, hardly anyone there....winter time, you know. The park was very clean, had about 80 sites, and the warmest restrooms we have encountered in the cold season. At the entrance, on park property, was a VERY good BBQ (they had other things, as well) It was not a "hole in the wall" type place,... clean and neat. From 6:30p until 8P was live entertainment (Bluegrass). It too was very good. We live about 4 1/2 to 5 hours from Jacksboro, Tn., so it was a 2 day trip for us....and a very pleasant one....jim

Nice info, thanks for that!

Tim
Old 02-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
Pagosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak12 View Post
Where did you spend the night of the 22?
Since we dropped the TM on the 22nd we went up to Lake Norris Dam State Park and rented a cabin but if you want to camp in the TM Cove Lake is the place as its at the turn off to Trail Manor. Very close to Trail Manor. After we picked up the trailer we went to Big Ridge State Park on Lake Norris and stayed two nights. Nice asphalt pads to camp on and good spacing between camper pads although we were the only RV there.Turn off at exit 122 and its 12 miles from I-75 on a mountain road. If your not a mountain driver you may not like the twisty road but there was plenty of road for our 31/24KS model. All in all a successful trip. Its obvious customer service is a priority at TM.

Pagosa
Old 02-27-2012, 05:20 AM   #7
Dave99gst

I assoume an appointment is needed too get this done the same day you drop it off ? I will be doing a weeks worth of camping in TN this year and this may be somthing i should consider doing while im in the area.
Dave99gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Pagosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave99gst View Post
I assoume an appointment is needed too get this done the same day you drop it off ? I will be doing a weeks worth of camping in TN this year and this may be somthing i should consider doing while im in the area.
Yes you should make an appointment with Ed Lytle. Norris dam SP is seasonal but it was open last week. It would be a pill pulling up these mountain roads in the winter,pretty steep.

Pagosa
Old 04-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #9
Dave99gst

Ed sent me this flyer:

Factory Pre-Season Tune-Up Special
Schedule an appointment for TrailManor Manufacturing Company’s pre-season tune up
special. Through the month of June, we are offering a discounted lift system tune up on
all 2003* and above model years. This service includes the following:
• Inspection of all lift system components for wear or damage
• Adjustment of torsion bars if possible
• Clean torsion bars and apply a rust-inhibitor
• Latch adjustment
• Inspection and apply a dry lube on seals
• Corner jack lubrication
• Brake operational testing
• Brake and running lights testing
• LP system pressure testing
Normal charges for this service is over $400, but if you schedule an appointment before
the end of June, 2012, this service is only $289!
To take advantage of this rate, all work must be scheduled to complete by August 2012.
Availability is limited so don’t delay! (Sorry, no additional discounts apply)
Call today (423) 563-6685
Email: [email protected]
* Earlier model years may require additional time and cost.
Dave99gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
DoubleT

Already have mine scheduled in June!!
TV 2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4.6 V-8 w/Tow Pkg
Air Bags, Swing Hitch
DoubleT is offline   Reply With Quote