TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
voyager2

Ok, all of the horror stories in this thread have fueled my paranoia to the point of tearing into our cold and dark 09 Elkmont to see what terrors might be lurking inside. Obviously some things have changed from 09 to 2010. In our 09, the battery box is located front streetside under the bed. Our furnace is not only screwed to the floor but is encased in a wooden frame (top and both sides) which is also firmly anchored to the floor. Our limited use of the unit due to health issues late last year revealed no issues or leaks and to date the only problems have been installing the extra frame brace (which may or may not be necessary) and the replacement of the recalled Carrier Air 5 heating unit.

Like everyone else, I am puzzled by TM's apparent lack of concern over this issue. If I were them, I would deliver a brand new unit to your door and cart the old one off to tear apart one piece at a time. I know it's no excuse but perhaps they misjudged demand and slammed units together with untrained help to keep up?

By the way, Thank You to Cochise for the great pictures and info. A picture is indeed worth a thousand words. And our sympathies to you who have had such unpleasant experiences. We will continue to watch to see how this is resolved.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
rumbleweed

I would also ask the dealer how they wash the TM for delivery prep. It is way to easy to use a commercial big rig power washer. This get the TM nice and clean very quickly. The problem is that this loosens the caulk and cause leaks or sets you up for future leaks. Never use anything but a cleaning mitt or soft RV brush on your TM.