TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2006, 06:10 AM   #1
rockerga

Talking Dump Station Blues

My DW and I enjoyed our first outing this past weekend thoroughly enjoying our TM. But my question is that if we use a campground or boondock that has no sewer connection at the site then that would make visiting a dump station (My only option) a real pain! I would have to break camp and then pull to the dump station and then set-up again (Not leveled, but all the way open) to dump properly, is that not correct? And then I would have either no fresh water or pressurized fresh water to properly rinse the sewage hose etc.

Am I missing something here? (Other than not using my toilet)

My DW and I broke camp this passed weekend "by the book" so-to-speak: I topped-off both the gray and the Thetford with fresh water. Went outside and pulled the sewage handle, came back in and pulled the handle below the thetford, after a few moments I dumped 2 -3 gallons of water quickly down the Thetford. Leaving all the previous valves open I then opened the gray water valve and while this was draining I wiggled and jostled the dump hose to ensure capturing any lingerers. Afterwards I disconnected the drain hose from the TM and using my fresh (Not drinking water) water hose and sprayer to rinse the sewage hose completely while still connected to the drain only.

This is a little of a process but added to by the fact that "we" have to open" our TM to accomplish this. I guess you could feasible start a back-up at the dump station in season. I would not want to do this any other way to ensure cleanliness. It would be less than desirable to do without fresh water (to dump down the toliet) and good pressure fresh water to rinse out the hose again after the gray water has done it the first time.

Hey you experience TM'ers out there: whats up with that?