TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2006, 04:05 PM   #1
RCCBV1

Default Shower Curtain Placement

When I got my walkthrough, I was told that the shower curtain needed to be placed on the rear bed before you closed down the bathroom. That means if the curtain is wet, the bed gets wet. Ok all you smart people, do you not shower in the morning of departure, or do you put the curtain in a large plastic bag? I'm sure someone has a better idea, please let me know how the more experienced hands take care of this problem.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Actually, the shower curtain dries very quickly. After you get out of the shower, spread the curtain out around the tub, and confirm that the bathroom vent fan is on (you turned it on before you got in the shower, right?) By the time you have gotten dressed, had breakfast, cleaned up the TM, disconnected the utilities, and done most of the close-down procedure, the curtain will be very close to dry. At that point, I have had no trouble doing exactly what they told you to do - spread out the curtain (which may be dry or may be a little damp, but is certainly not wet) over the bed, and finish closing.

Obviously, the key is in the scheduling. Shower as soon as you can when you get up, then do everything else.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
Freedom

If you don't put it on the bed - i.e. drape it over the bathroom when it's down, you stand the chance of ripping it up when you push the rear bed in. We always use the showers at the campground, but then we're almost always at a Thousand Trails, NACO, or Leisure Time Resort and the showers are clean. Our shower curtains reside in one of the drawers. We got rid of the originals and got the cloth kind at Bed, Bath and Beyond. They actually dry faster than the plastic and don't stink! (You can put them in the washing machine.) Your idea of stuffing The damp curtain into a garbage bag sounds good!
Old 07-20-2006, 09:57 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We don't put ours on the rear bed. First, we slide it as close as we can on the ceiling track towards the front of the TM. Then, as we we close down the bathroom walls (you have to move the curtain around when you close down the walls), we drape it over the bathroom wall right next to the kitchen sink after the bathroom walls are folded down. It never gets in the way of closing and doesn't get the rear bed wet, either.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:53 AM   #5
sir1doc

we took the advise of one of the posters here and use a curtain draped around the inside walls of the bathroom that is held up over the walls with table cloth holders for the picnic table. make a slit for the shower head and nobs. then an expandable rod with a regular curtain for accross the tub opening and I trimmed it to fit so it wasn't too long/wide. This allows a few great things. when showering you move the curtain rod out towards the potty a little to give more room in the shower (I am a big guy) and then after the shower it goes back towards the rear of the tub to dry giving max room inside the bathroom for drying off and dressing. Then for folding up the bathroom, the rod goes in the tub and both curtains come off easy and can be hung outside to dry while getting the TM ready. if they are still damp, they just ge placed in tub till we get home and can be dired or if it will be a while before opening again, they go in the tow vehicle. It works great for us and with the kids it makes it nice to sit on the potty and supervise the shower.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #6
RCCBV1

Thanks!! I knew that I would hear some good ideas. Since I am not very petite either, I will see if I can find that expandable rod. Thanks again.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #7
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Had my first TM shower....water bheater did not co-operate..we have not figured it out yet....wish I could say it was a quick shower but...I have long hair so...it wasn't...off to research what we did wrong.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
PopBeavers

First thing is to verify that the hot water is so hot that you can not put your hand in it without burning it. I a shower you will use more cold water than than hot water.

With short hair a shower should use about 1.5 gallons. With long hair about 2.5 gallons. The water heater holds 6 gallons. Assuming 50-50 hot and cold water you have about 12 gallons to work with for back to back showers. We can get 5 adults showered before we run out of hot water, 2 men and 3 women.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #9
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
First thing is to verify that the hot water is so hot that you can not put your hand in it without burning it. I a shower you will use more cold water than than hot water.

With short hair a shower should use about 1.5 gallons. With long hair about 2.5 gallons. The water heater holds 6 gallons. Assuming 50-50 hot and cold water you have about 12 gallons to work with for back to back showers. We can get 5 adults showered before we run out of hot water, 2 men and 3 women.
I did not run out of water...it never heated up and I thought it just needed to get through the line ........

It was on electric and I feel sure it is operator error...
Old 08-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #10
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Okay we have it figured out and will try again tomorrow......