TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #1
Bob&Karen

Default Microwave/Convection Oven

We just returned from an approx. 5200 mile round-trip to the great desert southwest. Traveled over some fairly rough Interstate roads in Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana both on the way there and on the way back. Some were so rough (expansion joints in the concrete) that I didn't feel safe driving more than 55 mph.

Anyway, the microwave/convection oven support shelf broke itself loose from the rear of the cabinet. Called TM factory and they told me to install a 1x1 cleat on the wall. Went to Home Depot in Tucson and got the necessary materials. Was a pretty simple fix. On the way home, the shelf had fallen again, this time on the left side so that the oven was tilted to the left. Fixed that with a couple of screws.

The design of this particular shelf and support system is lacking, IMHO. That oven appears to be pretty heavy for the lightweight materials used to support it. I realize (and appreciate) that TM engineers are very weight-conscious, but feel that they should use more robust materials in that one area if the combo oven is to be installed.

Otherwise had no issues with the TM and had a great time.

Bob